User Tag List

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you eating and drinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    And in return??
    Unlimited beer or a drink of your choice? Plus a few quid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a dime bar.....me Mum sent me some over........but the pack has Daim written on it????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Dime bars. Never heard them called Daim. Does she shop in Lidl?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fish in a bit and water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nibbling a couple of cashews while I slow roast duck legs for tonight's meal. Knocking up a sauce with wine and cointreau to go with it - that and some roast spuds (the potato kind) and brocolli. Drinking a Pimms and lemonade to help with the cooking. Italian wine brought back from Italy by the neighbours to wash down the duck. Sometimes life is good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had my first cooking lesson from the missus yesterday, we made Shepherd's Pie (well, think we used beef mince so Cottage Pie for the pedants out there).
    Managed to slice part of my fingernail off with a potato peeler but it was very nice, having the leftovers tongiht

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters (TPFKA WWTL@WHL) View Post
    Had my first cooking lesson from the missus yesterday, we made Shepherd's Pie (well, think we used beef mince so Cottage Pie for the pedants out there).
    Managed to slice part of my fingernail off with a potato peeler but it was very nice, having the leftovers tongiht

So what does leftover nail taste like then?

BTW - a trick here. Make up the beef mince as usual - I hope onion and tomato are in it, btw - add a splash of chilli sauce and then a good wadge of cumin. Then get some tortilla wraps and warm them in a dry hot frying pan to soften them up. Take them out and put a good dollop of the mince in the middle, then wrap them and fold the ends - you need enough mince to make it not all tortilla but not enough to spill out - need to guestimate that with practice. Then put the tortilla wraps on a baking sheet, grate cheese over them and stick them in a medium oven for 5 - 10 minutes - when the cheese is melting to your satisfaction, that is about right. Then serve with salad and/or garlic bread. Simple but

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what does leftover nail taste like then?

BTW - a trick here. Make up the beef mince as usual - I hope onion and tomato are in it, btw - add a splash of chilli sauce and then a good wadge of cumin. Then get some tortilla wraps and warm them in a dry hot frying pan to soften them up. Take them out and put a good dollop of the mince in the middle, then wrap them and fold the ends - you need enough mince to make it not all tortilla but not enough to spill out - need to guestimate that with practice. Then put the tortilla wraps on a baking sheet, grate cheese over them and stick them in a medium oven for 5 - 10 minutes - when the cheese is melting to your satisfaction, that is about right. Then serve with salad and/or garlic bread. Simple but
    Sounds nice but I just don't like wraps. Just me I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    add a splash of chilli sauce and then a good wadge of cum in.

</obvious>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol! Tonight it's home made potato salad, salad and hickory smoked meaty pork rib rack from M&S followed by strawberries and cream. I'll hopefully be sharing a coffee at around 10.30pm.