User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: "Thomas Vermaelen may leave" - Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are merits to this idea of making up the cover with a smaller number of players who can cover multiple positions (namely in terms of keeping everyone happier with the amount of games they're getting, and hopefully keeping them a little fitter, sharper and more motivated through the regular game time), but if that is the plan then I still feel we're short at least one more multi-functional player on the defensive side of things - my preference would be for either a DM who can cover CB when needed, or, if we're planning on making Chambers a DM, then a CB who can possibly cover another area (LB would be nice).

The obvious downside of course is that we'll always be one or two players closer to a critical injury list than we would be with higher numbers - a lot will depend on Shad, if that's the path we end up going down...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saintnickle View Post
    Im telling you that we will go into the season ONCE MORE with 2-3 players short .What seriously is stopping wenger from spending more than the 35m he has this window and last summer??.I thought we had 100m waiting to be used to give us the push we need to mount a sustainable challenge on the league and he has left us with one CB one DM and one striker short of challenging.Why save money ??And when are we saving it for??We all know no one will be bought in january..jeez that is plainly obvious after last january's debacle
    Do you expect Wenger to go into a new season without a ready made excuse for not winning the league do you? " We were short at the back and lost a key defender for crucial parts of the season"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to get another Chambers-esque defender in. Someone young for us to develop and who won't mind being an understudy.

At the moment I find it senseless for us to have Chambers as the only back up not only for CB but RB too.

Get it sorted please Wenget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to bring back Song Billong tbh..
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We missed out on Caulker who went to QPR for 8m i think. Yes a spud....but people have recovered from worse afflictions. He was only 22 and played a whole season in the PL last year