User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: "Thomas Vermaelen may leave" - Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emirates Gallactico View Post
    Best for all parties as long as we sign in a replacement. Can't go into the new season with the green Chambers as third choice.
    Yep, sad to lose him but quite happy he's leaving the country completely and not ending up in Manchester. Our immediate job now is to replace him adequately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another captain bites the dust. He worked for the team, kept his mouth shut and got on with it when he lost his starting place, and we won't be seeing him in that monstrosity Utd call a kit. So good luck to him in Spain. Who will be captain now? Rooney? Yet another decision for the genius van Gaal to make.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a move that show the world his true brilliance, he'll name himself Captain.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hummels!? Wenger will never pay what it costs to get him. I know he signed EERRzill but Hummel's isn't going to lead the assist charts and I'm a big fan of his.

Frankly....if we can't get a replacement of equal standing for 10 mill then why let Vermaelen leave for that amount anyway...

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we can't really rely on Vermaelen being there as third choice based on past history, so why keep him?

I have no problems with this transfer whatsoever although it is funny that Barca spend years and years delaying on signing a centreback and the one they opt for turns out to be Vermaelen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the basis of a sketchy injury history and woes we might say why keep, Theo, Diaby, Wilshere, Gibbs or Rosicky.

Actually they signed one (a seasoned pro) already from a Spanish club who's name I forget so Vermaelen would be at least their second this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming he's not going to bring in 2 players now even if Vermaelen leaves...but the internet heroes suggest we're planning one a £20m+ move. If that's the case I think Arsenal should accept the bid and put the £10m into the fund to buy a top defensive mid that could drop back for CB cover, in a similar way we used Song.

If Wenger wants a proper CM that can't fill in at CB (like Khedira) then he has got to get an experienced CB for back up. I'm fine with Chambers as the back up CB and then another makeshift option like Carvalho. Unless you're Chelsea or Man City you can't have established quality everywhere. Man Utd won the title a couple of years back with similar inexperienced back-ups at CB. If Wenger thinks Chambers is ready then go all out for the midfield signing. Just don't gamble on the shitty £3m Squillaci moves because that does no-one any favours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And to think Chamber is the England U19 Captain..... I know it won't be for much longer but still. Incredible rise really and he may yet start the season. Good old arse...

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    On the basis of a sketchy injury history and woes we might say why keep, Theo, Diaby, Wilshere, Gibbs or Rosicky.

Actually they signed one (a seasoned pro) already from a Spanish club who's name I forget so Vermaelen would be at least their second this summer.
    I'm not talking about them though. Although if I were we have many options for midfield in contrast to defence, where we have had Vermaelen and that's predicating on the rare occasions he is there. Plus take in to account the want of the player to leave for regular football and then compare that to another season where he'll be thinking he's mainly going to be on the bench; it's probably only going to help demotivate.

Also, on Mathieu, he's mainly a full back. He can play centreback but only really in the same way Mascherano can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are being linked with Agger now, not totally sure an injury prone CB is the way to go. I am surprised we didn't go for Hangerland only because he was free and has PL experience to go with Chambers and that would be the four. Then we could have used the money to push the boat for the defensive midfielder. When TV leaves I cant see us signing a big name CB unless they were to become first choice as I think defensively it makes less sense to rotate as they need to build up an understanding with the keeper and each other something Kos and Mert have done well. Either bring in another young CB or a very experienced CB (Rio wouldn't have been the worst signing either)