User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Thomas Vermaelen may leave" - Wenger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Thomas Vermaelen may leave" - Wenger

It pretty much looks nailed on now that Wenger has come out with this statement. I wish this wasn't the case. I appreciate TV wanting to play all the time, but he is the type of player we need to maintain depth in the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, I'd prefer he stay, but he's just not as good as the other two.

I guess he just wants to play on the regular. I can respect that.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is Man Utd he goes to, in all likelihood he would be swapping one bench for another.

However I don't know much cover he really provides for us any more. Injured more often than not and his goalscoring exploits have gone out the window too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we still own Djourou?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no objection to letting Vermaelen go if we get a good (ideally young) replacement in, but letting him go to Man U shouldn't be on the table - aside from the fact that they're a massive bunch of cunnies, I think van Gaal is trying to implement the same 3 CB system that he used with Holland, and Vermaelen, as a guy who can play CB and LB, would be a good fit for that.

Ideal scenario: we dick ManUre around until deadline day, and then sell Tommy to Barca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is, Vermaelen wont break up the Mertecielny partnership unless one of them gets injured, and he will lose his place as soon as the injured one is back. And he knows it. He probably made up his mind about leaving over 9 months ago.

Wenger wont want him to leave but he wont stand in his way and force him to stay either. Vermaelen could easily have kicked up a fuss about not getting playing time last season, especially since it was world cup year. But he didn't, and he admirably kept his mouth shut and dodged awkward questions in interviews so he wouldn't disrupt our season. He deserves a move, but NOT to Man United.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Thing is, Vermaelen wont break up the Mertecielny partnership unless one of them gets injured, and he will lose his place as soon as the injured one is back. And he knows it. He probably made up his mind about leaving over 9 months ago.

Wenger wont want him to leave but he wont stand in his way and force him to stay either. Vermaelen could easily have kicked up a fuss about not getting playing time last season, especially since it was world cup year. But he didn't, and he admirably kept his mouth shut and dodged awkward questions in interviews so he wouldn't disrupt our season. He deserves a move, but NOT to Man United.
    i think wenger got the memo that selling our players to a rival is not kosher otherwise i tend to think he'd be playing for United already. If he goes to Barca, he goes....so far this summer i think Wenger has earned enough credibility that if he sells him that we will get in a replacement so i am not too fussed either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he never once complained last season, kept his head down and did what he had to do for the team. Even if he goes to united, still will have respect for him, hasn't forced his move, hasn't bitched in the press and always gave 100%. Read somewhere this morning that it could be a swap deal with Smalling. Wouldn't be too bad.

Also this would hardly be strengthening united. Just imagine a Phil Jones and Vermaelen partnership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    No
    http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/players/johan-djourou

It seems as though the official website are not quite ready to give him up though...