User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex McLeish has resigned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex McLeish has resigned

...and there is a rumour Villa are after him. That should go down a bundle in Brum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scummy man leaving a scummy club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He apparently quit via email.

The CEO received it while he was in Holland wrapping up the signing of a player McLeish requested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Birmingham chief Peter Pannu insists that the club will not be giving Alex McLeish permission to talk to any clubs.
    McLeish quit the Second City outfit on Sunday, via email, and is now believed to be in contention to take charge at arch-rivals Aston Villa.
    But acting chairman Pannu says the club will try and block efforts, as they have been left angered by McLeish's departure.
    "To get an email when I am on business in Amsterdam speaks volumes," said Pannu.
    "We have spent £40m and supported him all the way and what we get is a relegation and a snub."
    Deals in place

Pannu insists they were totally behind McLeish, and offered the example that they have agreed deals for four new players this summer.
    Marlon King and Chris Burke have both signed, whilst deals for Dutch star Danny Koevermans and Dundee United's Morgaro Gomis were also in place.
    "Carson (Yeung, Birmingham owner) gave him unwavering support and did not sack him and declared his job secure and professed trust and confidence in him," he continued.
    "So much so that we have just negotiated for four of his new first-choice players. I won't blame any outside clubs yet until I find out more.
    "He is still our contracted staff and Birmingham City does not grant him any right to speak to any outsiders until the matter is resolved.
    "I will be meeting my legal team and rest assured I will leave no stones unturned.
    "It's about time some discipline is instilled into this game and I am unfortunately not a person who gets pushed about."
    Oh dear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It gets worse....

Birmingham City have refused to accept Alex McLeish's resignation as manager and are seeking financial compensation, BBC Sport understands.

The Scot has been linked with a move to Aston Villa but Blues have received no official approach from Villa Park.

"Birmingham will hold McLeish to his contract unless a compensation payment is thrashed out," said BBC 5 live's Midlands football reporter Pat Murphy.
    RIght. So McLeish can accept their refusal and carry on in the manager role but make a half-hearted effort and/or know that the team have no positive direction now he has indicated a desire to go. lol. Whoever at Birmingham City has come out with the line to refuse to accept it is not living in the real world. How do you 'make' a manager manage a team to the best of his ability without the players knowing it is all bollocks? It is laughable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    It gets worse....

GAP WHERE THE ARTICLE SHOULD BE

RIght. So McLeish can accept their refusal and carry on in the manager role but make a half-hearted effort and/or know that the team have no positive direction now he has indicated a desire to go. lol. Whoever at Birmingham City has come out with the line to refuse to accept it is not living in the real world. How do you 'make' a manager manage a team to the best of his ability without the players knowing it is all bollocks? It is laughable.
    They really should just do it on Facebook like real men
    McLeish Status:Free Agent..oh
    BCFC Status: Manager not left
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    lol. I wonder if he is LinkedIn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Injury Time View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    lol. I wonder if he is LinkedIn?
    looks like it, although not updated since BCFC statement http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alex-mcleish/33/324/683
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apprently the 1at round draw of the Europa league has take place, Birmingham are facing Rapid Decline apparently.