User Tag List

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Everton V Arsenal, 23rd August, 17:30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everton V Arsenal, 23rd August, 17:30

Tough away fixture in which we got battered last time. If our attack pisses around like the last 2 games, we will be massacred by them.

Bench Giroud as he is useless these days.

Chezza

Debuchy Per Kos Chambers

Ozil Flamini Ramsey

Ox Sanchez Santi

Subs: Ospina, Monreal, Giroud, Rosicky, Wilshere, Podolski
    Last edited by fakeyank; 20-08-2014 at 07:48 PM.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We probably won't be as bad as we were in this fixture last season, but I'm sure we'll try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping Ramsey sets out to prove a point in this one. If he doesn't, I don't hold out much hope of getting a point in this one. I suspect Everton will be set up to go for the throat, knowing that no matter how good we are in various parts of the pitch, we have nothing at all to offer up front.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're significantly better than Everton in every aspect.

0-3
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ox must play - he's our best player at the moment.

Giroud must not play. Give him a couple of months off and then one more chance to make the grade. Alexis up front please.

Would be harsh to drop Chambers after his recent performances, a good headache for Wenger.

Ozil on the left, Ox on the right, Alexis through the centre with Ramsey behind. Replace Ozil with Campbell after 60 mins if need be. I think we'll kill them.

Giroud up top. I think we'll struggle badly. I hope Giroud does not play but I suppose he will.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    We're significantly better than Everton in every aspect.

0-3
    Özil hatrick and unveiling our new DM ...oh
    Ospina still injured afaik so Martinez on bench, Monreal will start BFG on bench classic WUMger.
    1-1 put a fork in our season it's done, Wenger out! etc
    Last edited by Injury Time; 20-08-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would it be worth trying chambers in the DM position if merts and kos are to return...???

Arteta will probably be out so maybe it would be worth giving him a go & bring on flamini to clean up & pick up a yellow in the second half

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking a counter-attacking 433 is the way to go for this one - field the paciest* front 3 we have available (Alexis, Ox and Campbell would be my choice), with either Ozil or Cazorla behind them picking out quick passes (or maybe even Rosicky, if we want to sacrifice a bit of the precision passing for a bit more relentless running and aggression? I actually quite like that idea). As counter-attacking generally involves sitting a bit deeper than normal, and keeping the team relatively compact, while you wait for the other side make the first move, I'm not sure I'd actually bother with a pure defensive midfielder? I'd maybe stick a couple of B2B midfielders in front of the defence, who are good at turnover play, and can turn defence into attack quickly once we've won it...

----------------Szcz----------------

Debuchy---BFG/Chambers---Kos---Monreal

-----Ramsey---Rosicky---Wilshere-----

--------Ox-----Alexis----Campbell-----

* pacey player must also be competent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take a draw right now TBH, don't really fancy us getting maximum points out of this as we still seem to be finding fitness and form...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we pass our first proper test in the PL. We should be expecting to win this if we are serious about challenging. Much will hinge on the ref as usual. If they are allowed to kick us out of our game without picking up cards then we'll of course struggle. Any team would under such circumstances. If the ref rescinds the "Arsenal don't like it up 'em" rule then we should have too much for them. Kevin Friend is the ref, only reffed us once last year in our 3-1 win over the Hammers. Was pretty much even with his cards and decisions. Might be okay.
    Für eure Sicherheit