Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I walk into the office and everyone's like

People that don't know what they're talking about

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a terrible signing, it just doesn't shout "title contenders" at you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    All this nonsense about Wellbeck and Sturridge is precisely that, at Bolton he showed he could score goals, Wellbeck has just shown he can miss chances.

Awful signing and pretty much everyone on here would have said the same before we somehow ended up with him, Man U must be laughing behind our backs at this deal, they sign a top class forward for peanuts whilst we give them an extra 10 million on top for a guy who can't score for toffee and who they'd have had trouble getting rid of for 5 million never mind 16.

We look like mugs right now sadly, Hernandez would have been a much better bet, we've signed the new Emile Heskey a player who gets picked for England based on some fantasy idea that he's actually any good.
    well thats not true. They might have paid a small loan fee, however they are paying him in wages over a million a month. Thats hardly peanuts. And when you think of the wages they pay rooney, judas and Mata, they are paying close to a million pounds per week for four players, we cannot and should not do that. And he isn't the player they need, scoring goals wasn't their problem last year, it was conceding them. The fact they haven't signed a defender is utterly stupid although not complaining.

However, you might be right with Welbeck but he's better then Sanogo. Don't get me wrong, I wish we had done better this window with a defender and midfielder, but as someone said, if we signed welbeck first and sanchez last night we would all be over the moon. Will Welbeck win us the title? I doubt it, but Falcao won't win united the title either, and i still don't think he will get them top four. They haven't got a defence or a decent midfield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    I would have been more impressed if he kicked him in the balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    well thats not true. They might have paid a small loan fee, however they are paying him in wages over a million a month. Thats hardly peanuts. And when you think of the wages they pay rooney, judas and Mata, they are paying close to a million pounds per week for four players, we cannot and should not do that. And he isn't the player they need, scoring goals wasn't their problem last year, it was conceding them. The fact they haven't signed a defender is utterly stupid although not complaining.

However, you might be right with Welbeck but he's better then Sanogo. Don't get me wrong, I wish we had done better this window with a defender and midfielder, but as someone said, if we signed welbeck first and sanchez last night we would all be over the moon. Will Welbeck win us the title? I doubt it, but Falcao won't win united the title either, and i still don't think he will get them top four. They haven't got a defence or a decent midfield
    There's no doubting Falcoa is top class, Man U clearly think they can afford it, it's not about them though, it's more about us wasting money on a guy who isn't going to really do a lot to improve us, the guy can't score goals how many more forwards who can't put the ball in the net do we need. Now we've signed him that's the end of our striker search meaning we're stuck with this strikeforce for years, which IMO is really not good news.

Yes we've signed players this summer but other than Sanchez I wouldn't call any top class or indeed think that any would have been on the fans list of desirable signings.

I find it disappointing that we settle for mediocre players time and time again when what we should be looking for is top class ones that will make a big difference to our team.

Man U have also signed Daley Blind btw and he was brilliant in the World Cup.
    Last edited by Özim; 02-09-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    There's no doubting Falcoa is top class, Man U clearly think they can afford it, it's not about them though, it's more about us wasting money on a guy who isn't going to really do a lot to improve us, the guy can't score goals how many more forwards who can't put the ball in the net do we need. Now we've signed him that's the end of our striker search meaning we're stuck with this strikeforce for years, which IMO is really not good news.

Yes we've signed players this summer but other than Sanchez I wouldn't call any top class or indeed think that any would have been on the fans list of desirable signings.

I find it disappointing that we settle for mediocre players time and time again when what we should be looking for is top class ones that will make a big difference to our team.
    Well i suppose the jury is still out on Debuchy, however he has started brilliantly for us, we all had fears about replacing Sagna and so far, they seem to have disappeared. We didn't just replace him with some french player, we replaced him with an international first team player. Jury is out on whether he is a top class player but for the moment, I'd say we have replaced Sagna with someone just as good if not slightly better. Zabletta and Lahm are the two best right backs IMO, we weren't going to get them so Debuchy was the next on the list. That is a very good signing.

Chambers, well obviously he isn't top class, at least not yet, but he has impressed so far and looks to offer good cover for third choice CB. Same goes with Ospina, as keeper. Good back up, both will push those in front on. When you remember that we have in our squad, Ozil, Ramsey, Theo, Koscienly, Mertesacker, Cazorla, those are top class players. We have Szcesney who was the joint best keeper last season as well. Podolski, Rosicky, Arteta all add experience too. I'm annoyed we didn't sign another midfielder, and defender but I still think this window has been good and lets hope Welbeck turns out to be good, time will tell on that one. We asked Arsene to change and spend money, he's spent the most he ever has in one window, thats a good sign but we still needed more. However, we still have a good squad. Its injuries that will stop us really, they always do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's this Falcoa bloke?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheer up Herbie, it could have been worse, if we didn't already have him we could have signed Sonogo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually excited by this move, and thinking about our potential front 3, with him, Theo, and Alexis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some gifs for you: