User Tag List

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights AST end of season review

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ask him to respond to the Fat Uzbek's comments yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasri Scoreng View Post
    What I meant was that whatever the fans express won't make any difference to the board's decisions. Its the same with most clubs, really. If matchday revenue falls - that's another story...
    Normally i would agree my friend but i have now been offered 9 season tickets for this season....9. That tells me people have lost the will to live when it comes to watching weak ass football and have become dissalusioned with the club, if what i hear is true then 15% of season ticket holders havent renewed, that will make an impact on the board IMO, yes i know we will fill those seats with reds or commercials but when the reporting gets to stan and Board they will realise something has changed at fan level.

I am also not with these that think the board dont know what they are doing, you dont get to be that rich by being a moron, these guys know what they are doing its just that what they are doing seems to be best for them not us at the moment, no-one was moaning when we were winning and i should think the board were lining their pockets then as well. I also dont hold with this belief that Stan wont change anything, he has a reputation and track record for making demands of his management as they are representing his business essentially. Yes Arsene has gone of kilter somewhere but even with our shocking collapse we still finished 4th, even with the spending that is going on below us we will be at least 4th again this season.

All is not well at the club but its a long way from being as bad as people are making out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ask him what objectives are set out for the Manager at the beginning of each season in terms of team performance & what is the bare minimum expected?

I'd also ask him what the estimated Clubs transfer budget is every season and if extending contracts/increasing wages of existing team members are included in the budget? Also when we sell players is the money made available to the transfer budget? If so...where has the money gone from previous windows? I would also ask if a certain player was approached and wanted to join, whether the transfer budget would be flexible enough if the said player cost outside of the budget allocated.

Finally, I would ask him if he believes our current model is sustainable in terms of bringing success to the team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    i'd ask him how he can justify raising the prices after nothing for 6 years by 6% when united have just won the league and raised theres by a percent (i think thats correct, its very low raise though)
    Waste of time asking questions like that as he would already have answers prepared "we havent raised ours for 4 years now and Manyoo's go up annually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I'd ask him what objectives are set out for the Manager at the beginning of each season in terms of team performance & what is the bare minimum expected?

I'd also ask him what the estimated Clubs transfer budget is every season and if extending contracts/increasing wages of existing team members are included in the budget? Also when we sell players is the money made available to the transfer budget? If so...where has the money gone from previous windows? I would also ask if a certain player was approached and wanted to join, whether the transfer budget would be flexible enough if the said player cost outside of the budget allocated.

Finally, I would ask him if he believes our current model is sustainable in terms of bringing success to the team?
    I think i could answer all of those mate and i think you could too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ask:

Why, despite the same "on the pitch" failings over the past 3 years, culminating in arguably the worst capitulation this year, have the necessary, and acknowledged deficiencies not been attended to.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    I'd ask:

Why, despite the same "on the pitch" failings over the past 3 years, culminating in arguably the worst capitulation this year, have the necessary, and acknowledged deficiencies not been attended to.
    I will be stan then...

"We acknowlege that there have been on pitch failings and we also note that despite these we finished 4th, above some teams who had their best ever season. While things could be better we have complete faith in Arsene Wengers abilities as a manager and back him fully, he has won many trophies in this league and will again we are sure."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    I think i could answer all of those mate and i think you could too.
    Sure, but it would make for interesting viewing seeing Gazidis squirm whilst answering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ask him 'What's your favourite kind of cheese?'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Sure, but it would make for interesting viewing seeing Gazidis squirm whilst answering.
    This is the thing mate he is a million pound salary guy, he is used to dealing with bigger grillings than any he could get tonight, that was the point of this thread to be honest, see if there was anything out of the norm people thought he should answer.

I remember when i did my legends tour and Charlie George was getting asked all the usual and then someone asked him if he could come up with an excuse for Eboue's involvement in the team and he was completly thrown