User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11 Signings Wenger would never make

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing like sticking in a controversial choice to drum up some replies to your thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    Nothing like sticking in a controversial choice to drum up some replies to your thread.
    At least he has suggested some names.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    Just talking on the other thread about how manyoo and Chelsea etc seem to sign players who are the stand out player in their respective team but maybe aren’t the best player technically or those who have won the most trophies. We wouldnt do this i think we can all agree, technical or physical ability seem to be Wengers key attributes rather than fight, spirit and desire. This is why we end up with a lot of athletes rather than fighters. So was having a think around the prem at people we could sign who are "up for it" and would bring something different to the team, seriously try it, it isn’t easy.

So, looking at the end of season reviews and using my own input here are 11 players we won’t sign IMO but who would make a difference to the team massively and bring some of the skills we miss so dearly...

GK - Paul Robinson, Blackburns player of the year after having a ridiculously good season, since retiring from England duty has gone from strength to strength, very experienced, 31 years old and the best kicking goalie i have ever seen. Good foil for Wojy.

RB - Emerson Boyce, big, fast, can play anywhere in defence and midfield and will fight fight fight like Cheryl Cole, would bring speed and aggression to our failing backline as back up to Bac Sag

LB - Martin Olsson, fast, aggressive, can score goals and play left wing. Would be as good if not better than Clichy as well as cheap and would want to come.

CD - Samba and you all know why

CD - Shawcross, same as Samba but with more ball playing ability. Despite being a lumbering moron he is a very good centre back and would certainly give us some oomph at the back and threat at set pieces

LW - Chung-Young Lee - The dribble master from Bolton would suit us great as he is fast, can use the ball and score goals...like Nasri did briefly

RW - Ryan Jarvis, see above

DM - Parker, you all know why

CM - Chris Brunt, left foot like a wand ( I mean properly not like RvP) can take free kicks and corners (not like RvP) creates a lot, works hard and fights like a motherf...well you get the point.

AM - Tim Cahill, you know why

CF - Darren Bent, has any goal scorer ever been more underrated? Spurs got rid of a guy who goes onto score 20+ goals a season in a shit team and no-one mocks them for it? Scored 16 for Charlton the season they got relegated, did very well at Sunderland and now lighting it up at Villa, we missed a trick here.
    I like Chung Young Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /vom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeYank View Post
    I like Chung Young Lee
    I prefer Beef in Black Bean Sauce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GB. View Post
    When did you turn into such a miserable fucker? Seriously?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Worst thread ever, makes no sense at. Jesus Chirst
    Fail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did you turn into such a miserable fucker? Seriously?
    Since he became a mod. Have you noticed how it fucks people up? Oh no - forgot you were also made a mod so you are already screwed up.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just talking on the other thread about how manyoo and Chelsea etc seem to sign players who are the stand out player in their respective team but maybe aren’t the best player technically or those who have won the most trophies. We wouldnt do this i think we can all agree, technical or physical ability seem to be Wengers key attributes rather than fight, spirit and desire. This is why we end up with a lot of athletes rather than fighters. So was having a think around the prem at people we could sign who are "up for it" and would bring something different to the team, seriously try it, it isn’t easy.

So, looking at the end of season reviews and using my own input here are 11 players we won’t sign IMO but who would make a difference to the team massively and bring some of the skills we miss so dearly...

GK - Paul Robinson, Blackburns player of the year after having a ridiculously good season, since retiring from England duty has gone from strength to strength, very experienced, 31 years old and the best kicking goalie i have ever seen. Good foil for Wojy.

RB - Emerson Boyce, big, fast, can play anywhere in defence and midfield and will fight fight fight like Cheryl Cole, would bring speed and aggression to our failing backline as back up to Bac Sag

LB - Martin Olsson, fast, aggressive, can score goals and play left wing. Would be as good if not better than Clichy as well as cheap and would want to come.

CD - Samba and you all know why

CD - Shawcross, same as Samba but with more ball playing ability. Despite being a lumbering moron he is a very good centre back and would certainly give us some oomph at the back and threat at set pieces

LW - Chung-Young Lee - The dribble master from Bolton would suit us great as he is fast, can use the ball and score goals...like Nasri did briefly

RW - Ryan Jarvis, see above

DM - Parker, you all know why

CM - Chris Brunt, left foot like a wand ( I mean properly not like RvP) can take free kicks and corners (not like RvP) creates a lot, works hard and fights like a motherf...well you get the point.

AM - Tim Cahill, you know why

CF - Darren Bent, has any goal scorer ever been more underrated? Spurs got rid of a guy who goes onto score 20+ goals a season in a shit team and no-one mocks them for it? Scored 16 for Charlton the season they got relegated, did very well at Sunderland and now lighting it up at Villa, we missed a trick here.

The reason Wenger would never sign them is because we have far better players already.

I mean, come on- Paul Robinson, Darren Bent, SHAWCROSS!! We have Scscezney, Van Persie, and Vermaelen, jog on.
    Last edited by Dog Toffee; 17-06-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt understand the point there did you sweety