User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 11 Signings Wenger would never make

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 Signings Wenger would never make

Just talking on the other thread about how manyoo and Chelsea etc seem to sign players who are the stand out player in their respective team but maybe aren’t the best player technically or those who have won the most trophies. We wouldnt do this i think we can all agree, technical or physical ability seem to be Wengers key attributes rather than fight, spirit and desire. This is why we end up with a lot of athletes rather than fighters. So was having a think around the prem at people we could sign who are "up for it" and would bring something different to the team, seriously try it, it isn’t easy.

So, looking at the end of season reviews and using my own input here are 11 players we won’t sign IMO but who would make a difference to the team massively and bring some of the skills we miss so dearly...

GK - Paul Robinson, Blackburns player of the year after having a ridiculously good season, since retiring from England duty has gone from strength to strength, very experienced, 31 years old and the best kicking goalie i have ever seen. Good foil for Wojy.

RB - Emerson Boyce, big, fast, can play anywhere in defence and midfield and will fight fight fight like Cheryl Cole, would bring speed and aggression to our failing backline as back up to Bac Sag

LB - Martin Olsson, fast, aggressive, can score goals and play left wing. Would be as good if not better than Clichy as well as cheap and would want to come.

CD - Samba and you all know why

CD - Shawcross, same as Samba but with more ball playing ability. Despite being a lumbering moron he is a very good centre back and would certainly give us some oomph at the back and threat at set pieces

LW - Chung-Young Lee - The dribble master from Bolton would suit us great as he is fast, can use the ball and score goals...like Nasri did briefly

RW - Ryan Jarvis, see above

DM - Parker, you all know why

CM - Chris Brunt, left foot like a wand ( I mean properly not like RvP) can take free kicks and corners (not like RvP) creates a lot, works hard and fights like a motherf...well you get the point.

AM - Tim Cahill, you know why

CF - Darren Bent, has any goal scorer ever been more underrated? Spurs got rid of a guy who goes onto score 20+ goals a season in a shit team and no-one mocks them for it? Scored 16 for Charlton the season they got relegated, did very well at Sunderland and now lighting it up at Villa, we missed a trick here.
    Last edited by Flavs; 13-06-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if shawcross ever came here, i would be pissed off. cunt of a man

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldnt mind Samba, Brunt, Parker and Bent here from those 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of those who have won any major trophy? Is is just the two the have champs league experience? And why isn't Robbie Savage on the list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    Of those who have won any major trophy? Is is just the two the have champs league experience? And why isn't Robbie Savage on the list?
    Cos he has retired

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would have Jose Enrique at left back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    if shawcross ever came here, i would be pissed off. cunt of a man
    everyone keeps crying out for Wenger to change his trasnfer policy, it would certainly be that if he signed him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punchinello Beezo View Post
    Cos he has retired
    Okay what about Craig Bellamy? Why wasn't he on the list.? He's got proven pedigree. Has got the ability to go past Championship full backs and has really hard looking tattoos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And pair him up with David Wheater Ryan Shawcross that is - not Craig Bellamy - that would be daft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hump View Post
    Okay what about Craig Bellamy? Why wasn't he on the list.? He's got proven pedigree. Has got the ability to go past Championship full backs and has really hard looking tattoos.
    we have filled our FA quota of overated midgets sadly