Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 1,321 to 1,328 of 1328

Thread: Wimbledon 2011 thread 20 June - 3 July

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    Djokovic wont win as many slams as Federer or Nadal but this year is something all Tennis fans will remember.

Its something special.
    Maybe so, but I think that we might have seen the changing of the guard. I wonder how soon it will be before Djokovic wins his first French and U.S. titles.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
    He won the men's doubles here last year with Petzschner.
    That somehow passed me by.

Anyway, Davis Cup ties up next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SuBa says no-one was talking about Djokovic before Wimbledon .

Maybe Castle wasn't. But if you weren't talking about the guy who won the Australian Open and had lost one match all year - beating Nadal four times in the process - as a contender, you were probably insanse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SuBa says no-one was talking about Djokovic before Wimbledon .

Maybe Castle wasn't. But if you weren't talking about the guy who won the Australian Open and had lost one match all year - beating Nadal four times in the process - as a contender, you were probably insanse.
    I do not disagree, MS but many people were pointing to the loss to Federer at Roland Garros as showing that Djokovic was still not at the highest level. They dismissed the Australian Open and the other tournament wins.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're too afraid to rate anybody above Murray. Federer and Nadal? That's one thing but another guy ahead of Murray?

Also, with regards to winning the US Open, well that's going to be a pretty hard call. I hope Del Potro shows what he did at Wimbledon there (and improves his ranking in the meantime too).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    They're too afraid to rate anybody above Murray. Federer and Nadal? That's one thing but another guy ahead of Murray?
    It's annoying when this myopia creeps into tennis. It's expected in football, but tennis presenters/commentators (apart from Castle) are not the dregs you find in the football world. I suspect being jingoistic is in their contracts though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's annoying when this myopia creeps into tennis. It's expected in football, but tennis presenters/commentators (apart from Castle) are not the dregs you find in the football world. I suspect being jingoistic is in their contracts though.
    As Canada gets the U.S. feed, we have to put up with the discussion about how the level of U.S. tennis has dropped. Conversely, it does mean that we get people like John and Patrick McEnroe, Brad Gilbert and Chris Evert doing colour commentary which is good. Both McEnroes and Gilbert are great for analysing a player's game, including weaknesses. Not that they are infallible as they were focussing on Nadal and Federer for the most part.

As for Murray, from what I have seen, he does not seem to really enjoy tennis and looks as if he is only doing it to please his mother!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Nadal suffered a hairline fracture on the foot he injured v Del Potro and could be out for 6 weeks.