Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

January Transfer Speculation and Shit

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...r-Sami-Khedira

Here we go again.

It's probably BS like the Draxler stories floating around last year. Would be fantastic if true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim Kallstrom with a fixed back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rabiot and Schar are sounding like strong possibilities...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khedira remains feasible, out of contract next year so he can talk to clubs from January. I'm starting to think he belongs in the knackers yard though.

A defender has to be the priority in January.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 23-09-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Rabiot and Schar are sounding like strong possibilities...
    Yeah they do sound like very realistic signings, both young with a fair bit of first team experience. They both have a lot of potential. I would be happy with signings those two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yeah they do sound like very realistic signings, both young with a fair bit of first team experience. They both have a lot of potential. I would be happy with signings those two.
    Schar should be ready to go straight into the side - he's young, but he'll have a couple of years of CL experience under his belt by January, and will likely be a multiple domestic league champion with Basle (for whatever that's worth).

I'm intrigued by this Rabiot kid - looking purely at attributes, he ticks a lot of boxes. Couldn't say how consistent he is yet (based on the few clips I've seen), but he looks like he has a good frame on him, with good mobility and strong passing - in particular, he looks like he's capable of launching a quick, accurate long pass, which is something that could be really useful to us with the pace that we now have in the side (and is an option that I don't feel that we're currently taking advantage of). I've heard him likened to Petit in that respect, and that sounds just fine to me.

Long-term, I'd love to see us bring in a couple of DMs like Rabiot and Carvalho, as we phase out Flamini and Arteta, but I suppose that's just being greedy *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Schar should be ready to go straight into the side - he's young, but he'll have a couple of years of CL experience under his belt by January, and will likely be a multiple domestic league champion with Basle (for whatever that's worth).

I'm intrigued by this Rabiot kid - looking purely at attributes, he ticks a lot of boxes. Couldn't say how consistent he is yet (based on the few clips I've seen), but he looks like he has a good frame on him, with good mobility and strong passing - in particular, he looks like he's capable of launching a quick, accurate long pass, which is something that could be really useful to us with the pace that we now have in the side (and is an option that I don't feel that we're currently taking advantage of). I've heard him likened to Petit in that respect, and that sounds just fine to me.

Long-term, I'd love to see us bring in a couple of DMs like Rabiot and Carvalho, as we phase out Flamini and Arteta, but I suppose that's just being greedy *sigh*
    Yep, Schar could definitely do a job now. He's quite versatile too, from what I remember reading of him he can cover the full-back position, Wenger loves versatile players so he pretty much ticks all the boxes. I have seen Schar a few times in CL and he looks a decent enough talent.

From what I have seen of Rabiot he seems like a deep lying playmaker, he has massive potential, potentially world class IMO. Admittedly I haven't seen him loads but whenever I have seen him for PSG in CL he has looked very good, more than held his own in their team. He ticks a lot of boxes, is technical, a good passer, fairly mobile for a big lad and strong in the tackle. He's not fully ready yet but give it a season or two and he could be a star. He kind of reminds me of Pogba before he broke through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    Kim Kallstrom with a fixed back?

he was quite good in the few minutes he played for us actually in one of the few games he played he was our best player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it difficult to believe our wage bill could be higher than Chelsea's but if it is the case then I'm afraid we all might as well pack up and go home.