User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction - Galatasaray

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    I think the formation is dictated by the personnel. We only tend to play this 4-1-4-1 formation when we have Ramsey and Wilshere playing together because they’re both central midfield players and work their way in from deeper positions.
    It's only really dictated by Ramsey and Wilshere, if you ask me? I really don't think the other players are given a whole lot of consideration when we run with that formation.

And, to be honest, I'm not even sure it suits Ramsey and Wilshere that well either? Both look more effective when they start deeper, and I suspect this is a large part of the reason why Ramsey's performances have looked a little disjointed this year (the timings of his runs are now messed up because he's starting too far forward and arriving too early), and why Wilshere seems to turn in much better performances whenever Ramsey is out (because we then go back to 4231, and drop him deeper)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil takes 0 shots per game these days, i dont know why because his technique is very good. I wish he'd shoot from time to time because teams know he wont and tend to stand off him knowing he'll pass to a team mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    It's only really dictated by Ramsey and Wilshere, if you ask me? I really don't think the other players are given a whole lot of consideration when we run with that formation.

And, to be honest, I'm not even sure it suits Ramsey and Wilshere that well either? Both look more effective when they start deeper, and I suspect this is a large part of the reason why Ramsey's performances have looked a little disjointed this year (the timings of his runs are now messed up because he's starting too far forward and arriving too early), and why Wilshere seems to turn in much better performances whenever Ramsey is out (because we then go back to 4231, and drop him deeper)...
    Yes, it’s like Lampard and Gerrard again. I don’t know why the pair can’t just sort it out between themselves. They’ve had plenty of games together now. Jack should probably being playing more like an attacking midfielder and more in the final third but they both seem to occupy each other’s space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good win, but let's be honest we never really struggle against teams of this level, it always the better teams we seem to have no answers to.

Nice to see Wellbeck getting a hattrick though, hopefully it's the beginning of something good for him.
    Last edited by Özim; 02-10-2014 at 10:28 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal to be fined as well as galatasary because of the flares

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it’s like Lampard and Gerrard again. I don’t know why the pair can’t just sort it out between themselves. They’ve had plenty of games together now. Jack should probably being playing more like an attacking midfielder and more in the final third but they both seem to occupy each other’s space.
    I don't know why we can't just rotate them in the same role? It's a squad game now, and it's not like both players wouldn't benefit from regular rest, given their injury woes over recent years. When you add up all domestic, european and international games across a playing year, then I'm sure there's more than enough games to keep everyone happy (especially when they'll most likely still be on the bench and coming on as subs, even on their rest weeks).

Ditto for Ozil and Cazorla - if they both like playing the same role, then rotate them! Our other attacking options are now strong enough to handle it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzzbatch View Post
    Arsenal to be fined as well as galatasary because of the flares
    Aren't flares banned in the UK? How did they get past our security?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A midfield of DCM + Jack and Ozil with 2 wingers looks more ballanced than one with DCM, Jack AND Rambo with ozil wide and makes our play more fluid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't flares banned in the UK? How did they get past our security?
    Have you been to The Emirates? If you're holding a bottle they're all over you. They don't bother looking in anyone's bags though or at best it's a cursory glance.
    It's easy to smuggle things into the ground.