User Tag List

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction - 0-2 chelski

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's not fear of the unknown, it's fear of the stupidity of the mob. People screaming Wenger out and abusing the guy are the ones who rightly get punched in the gob when they pipe up. Long may that continue. I don't think I've seen anyone here who wants Wenger to stay forever, I think virtually everyone has suggested he's struggling tactically and we'd be better off in terms of on-field results with a more clued up coach. But there's more to the job than that when it comes to Wenger's role, stuff that has developed over time and beyond the scope you will see in any other club. Wenger needs to be calmly eased out and replaced with the right man and in the right manner. It could have happened last year but who would really begrudge him the chance to use some of the millions he's banked for the club? If that means we have another 2-3 seasons hovering there or thereabouts while the club goes from strength to strength in preparation for the next guy then what's the big deal? It's not complacency or a lack of ambition, it's having an eye on a sustainable future at the top. We're still on course to do that. I doubt anyone believes the glory days will return under Wenger, but his final role might well be to leave the club in the right shape for his successor to come in and build a dynasty - if that's what we want, as opposed to a one-off, Liverpool style challenge.

Top post.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    It is nothing like that, when you go out of a relationship you go back to being single. We have to have a replacement for Wenger, the guy is entrenched in every area of the club rightly or wrongly (wrongly of course) and that's why the person who comes in needs to be someone who we can guarantee is capable of taking us forward or we are changing for changes sake.

The reason we haven't had the bad atmosphere in the crowds is because more often than not we tend to win games at the Emirates. The last time it turned sour was the home Game against Swansea. People don't pay 45 quid a ticket to boo or chant "Wenger out" because unless the team is being ridiculously outplayed its kind of counter productive.

Logically there is no reason why the board would sack Wenger so whatever we think of him it's wishful thinking
    There are no guarantees that the next guy will take us forward. It's impossible to determine. So what's our next move if the board can't guarantee success after Wenger?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody can guarantee success. The point is, is what we are seeing currently under Wenger the definition of success?. Like someone else posted above. It is the mere illusion of competing that makes some wish to keep him, but deep down we all know we are really competing with the Spuds, Everton, a befuddled United and emasculated Liverpool. If that is enough to keep you happy, then hold on to it. Every August we hear how we are going for the top honours, but here now in October we are already out of 3 of them. The same as always, not because we don't have the resources, but we are handicapped by a delusonist at our helm of affairs. You will have to forgive those of us who belive we can do better and are willing to take the risk to find out if we can.

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    There are no guarantees that the next guy will take us forward. It's impossible to determine. So what's our next move if the board can't guarantee success after Wenger?
    guarantee is capable of taking us forward were my words....which means instead of sacking Wenger and hastily appointing someone else, the club doing their homework and making sure that potential successors are scouted, sounded out etc and that the correct coaching infrastructure is in place around them to take over from Wenger.
    No-one is in any doubt about Wenger being able to get a second wind and suddenly take us forward into a new era of winning big trophies, he's yesterday's man in that respect but as NQ abely says in his post we have that stability under Wenger currently where the club will be in good hand's for a better/younger man to push us forward when he steps down. I wish that day would come sooner than 2017, but i don't want it to happen slap bang in the middle of season out of fan petulance either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Well ,every time things don't go your way you need an excuse for that .The referee shouldn't has allowed us an excuse . He should have sent Cahill off and awarded us a penalty on Fabregas handball and saw what would have been our next excuse .
    Had we won the game because of Cahill red card you could still have said it was not a proper win .It is a no win situation really .
    If that pun was intended, you're a genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    If that pun was intended, you're a genius.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Thats just cheered me up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie View Post
    guarantee is capable of taking us forward were my words....which means instead of sacking Wenger and hastily appointing someone else, the club doing their homework and making sure that potential successors are scouted, sounded out etc and that the correct coaching infrastructure is in place around them to take over from Wenger.
    No-one is in any doubt about Wenger being able to get a second wind and suddenly take us forward into a new era of winning big trophies, he's yesterday's man in that respect but as NQ abely says in his post we have that stability under Wenger currently where the club will be in good hand's for a better/younger man to push us forward when he steps down. I wish that day would come sooner than 2017, but i don't want it to happen slap bang in the middle of season out of fan petulance either.
    Now who said he wanted him sacked right away without a plan in place? We've had this discussion before and nobody is suggesting he goes tomorrow without the board doing their proper research.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    Now who said he wanted him sacked right away without a plan in place? We've had this discussion before and nobody is suggesting he goes tomorrow without the board doing their proper research.
    Thanks, The doomongers want you to believe that Wenger is so Intrinsic to our existence that any sudden sacking would inevitably lead to our disintegration. We let Bruce Rioch go midseason and appointed some nobody who took us to 3rd and won the double the next season. We have a chief executive now and Bould knows the players as well as Wenger. I dare say, we would finish 4th

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Thanks, The doomongers want you to believe that Wenger is so Intrinsic to our existence that any sudden sacking would inevitably lead to our disintegration. We let Bruce Rioch go midseason and appointed some nobody who took us to 3rd and won the double the next season. We have a chief executive now and Bould knows the players as well as Wenger. I dare say, we would finish 4th
    Bruce Rioch wasn't sacked mid season, he went at the end of the 1995-96 campaign.....Wenger didnt join until October because he had promised to see out the season with Nagoya Grampus Eight and for the beginning of the 1996-1997 season we had Pat Rice and Stuart Houston caretaking.

And actually even then the whole thing was a bit of a headless chicken because it was a battle of wills between Dein who had Wanted Wenger when Graham left and the board who wanted a big name to appease the fans in light of getting rid of Rioch for a perceived lack of ambition.
    Last edited by Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie; 06-10-2014 at 10:11 PM.