User Tag List

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction - 0-2 chelski

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dein-machine View Post
    You could be right - Maureens boring defensive mode means through all the Chavs success, its been shit to watch. I think City were certainly close last year when they were hammering teams every week with great attacking play but the Henry/Bergkamp partnership was truly a thing of beauty & we may never see anything like that again in our lifetime.
    I am not sure I understand the criticism of Mou's 'defensive mode'. His teams play defensive mode against the big teams but against other opposition, they score a bagful of goals. I think 'parking the bus' is a stereotype that has stuck to them. If I were a neutral, I'd prefer watching Chelsea over Arsenal. I am not exaggerating when I say that our football is absolutely atrocious on most days. Pass front, then side, then back, then side, then back, then front... no penetration, no direct play! In fact, AW is lucky in this respect over Mou that the stereotype of Arsenal playing 'beautiful football' has stuck with us. The last time I remember we played beautiful football consistently over a season was the 07/08 season... Its been a pile of manure since then!
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are such a mess as far as what our Board would describe as 'product' that they won't effectively replace Wenger even when he does decide to leave.

I've just got fuck all confidence in our Board and Management to get anything right.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Thing is though, he's not even been trying to recreate it. That team was full of powerful athletes who could simply run the opposition into the ground, nothing like what we've seen since say, 2006, when he started bringing in the wave of smaller technical players and changed the style of play. Pace and power™ has always had the edge in this league, so I don't know why he's gone down a different path despite having barely any success with it.
    We soon got found out playing the way we used to, the opposition learnt to adapt to nullify us when we were attacking. Remember those games where we would have 20 shots on target and not score and even on the odd occasion the other team would go up the other end and nick a win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakeyank View Post
    If no, then why are we not looking to replace him?
    It is a no, but from the board's point of view it's because he's meeting the board's targets for him.
    From the fans point of view, most of us do think he needs replacing, but it has to be done in a controlled way and not with someone who is likely to do worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adzzzbatch View Post
    We soon got found out playing the way we used to, the opposition learnt to adapt to nullify us when we were attacking. Remember those games where we would have 20 shots on target and not score and even on the odd occasion the other team would go up the other end and nick a win.
    At least that was good to watch.. it sucks watching us play teams like Norwich and have one shot on target for 90 minutes. If we have to get 4th, at least play football which will entertain the fans. No point playing the shit we do..
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It is a no, but from the board's point of view it's because he's meeting the board's targets for him.
    From the fans point of view, most of us do think he needs replacing, but it has to be done in a controlled way and not with someone who is likely to do worse.
    There is no guarantee of who will do worse or who wont.. yes, look for someone qualified but there is no one- not even SAF or Mou who can guarantee any team success. Let this be not a reason for not replacing Wenger.

I'd be very interested to know what 'controlled' to you means..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means not done in a panic mid-season after a couple of poor results with no real plan what to do next.
    Like Spurs do every other year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It means banning the media and throwing away newspapers and switching off the cunt pundits, ignoring the fans and beginning negotiations with the right man well before Wenger is due to step down (or step up). A nice smooth transition that leaves the media scratching their heads because they never had a whiff of it. Like another appointment I remember. Also that fat bastard crook we have lurking in the wings needs to be kept well out of the picture.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It means not done in a panic mid-season after a couple of poor results with no real plan what to do next.
    Like Spurs do every other year.
    I have written off this season already.. so assuming everything goes according to 'plan' and we barely scrape 4th place by May, would the time between now and May be considered a good time to find a replacement? Personally I do not care if its mid season or post season as we are not winning anything this year, so might as well make the call now. The only problem is that Wenger has the board cupped by the balls and those people are not going to fire him. Best solution is for me (and a lot of other people) to write off the next 3 years and hope Wenger does not sign another new contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but he's not going anywhere for at least another 2.75 seasons. Guaranteed.