Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
It's been touched on already but above anything else the difference yesterday was tactics and organisation. I accept Chelsea have a very strong side, arguably the best starting XI in PL but I do not believe they are massively superior to us. Their first XI is just balanced, they identified their weaknesses last season and went into the market in the summer and rectified them, it's really not rocket science. Why we didn't rectify our weaknesses is beyond me, what is Wenger seeing that everybody else doesn't seem to be seeing?

What we saw yesterday was one side who were thoroughly organised against a side who are not. Wenger has made a real mess of our starting XI, we are weak in a few positions and add to the fact we have players playing out of position because he is trying to shoe-horn all of his favourites into the side. No wonder we are languishing halfway down the table, until we sort out this mess I don't think things will improve, the team is woefully inbalanced.

We didn't actually play that badly yesterday, in spells we looked quite good but we lacked the killer instinct as per normal. It was pretty much normal service resumed, we just don't look up to causing any of our rivals real problems.

I think this season will turn out pretty similar to most seasons, I personally feel we are in a 3-way battle for top 4 with Liverpool and Spurs, I actually think United will finish above us this season which makes it all the more depresssing.

I know there is another thread for this but I personally feel Wenger has to go now, he has money and he is still not making a difference, he is still making the same mistakes, we are not moving forward as a team, it's as simple as that.