Thread: Arsenal AGM

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arsenal AGM

@bradders1066 3m3 minutes ago
    "It's not up to me as chairman to decide on football, it's up to Arsene Wenger". So Arsene Wenger cost us a league title last season.

‏@JamesOlley 2m2 minutes ago
    The deference #afc's board pays to Wenger is palpable. Keswick: "If he has a plan, we back him. If he doesn’t have a plan, we keep quiet."

‏@BlackScarfAFC 3m3 minutes ago
    Sir Chips keeps up the annual 'Chairman's fuck up' at the AGM. Basically admitted as a Board they don't manage the manager. AW runs AFC.

@Walid1 4m4 minutes ago
    Things clear from AGM:
    1 - Wenger is solely in charge of all football and transfer decisions.
    2- the club have made cash available to AW

‏@BobbyAFC79 23m23 minutes ago
    Basically we have a manager who can run amok, do what he likes, makes untold fuck ups and doesn't get questioned. Oh, then pockets £8m.

Are we still going to pretend like all of this wasn't and isn't Wenger's fault?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon View Post
    @bradders1066 3m3 minutes ago
    "It's not up to me as chairman to decide on football, it's up to Arsene Wenger". So Arsene Wenger cost us a league title last season.

‏@JamesOlley 2m2 minutes ago
    The deference #afc's board pays to Wenger is palpable. Keswick: "If he has a plan, we back him. If he doesn’t have a plan, we keep quiet."

‏@BlackScarfAFC 3m3 minutes ago
    Sir Chips keeps up the annual 'Chairman's fuck up' at the AGM. Basically admitted as a Board they don't manage the manager. AW runs AFC.

@Walid1 4m4 minutes ago
    Things clear from AGM:
    1 - Wenger is solely in charge of all football and transfer decisions.
    2- the club have made cash available to AW

‏@BobbyAFC79 23m23 minutes ago
    Basically we have a manager who can run amok, do what he likes, makes untold fuck ups and doesn't get questioned. Oh, then pockets £8m.

Are we still going to pretend like all of this wasn't and isn't Wenger's fault?
    Shhhhh! Letters might hear you

Asian Clique Head Bhaiya The Emirates Gallactico's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on Kroenke's three million that he pocketed? AST were meant to pepper him with questions about that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Shhhhh! Letters might hear you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this AGM tells us anything, it is this:
    Wenger is the most evil man in the history of the universe and beyond into infinite parallel universes fron even before the concept of time
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenget.

Go away.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically confirms what a handful of us were saying all along on this forum but were laughed at for many years.

Huge triumph.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger only has the co trol at his disposal because rhe Board and the owners grant him it. Had he not been meeting their objectives, he'd be out.

He does what the want so he stays.

It is why there is no point debating whether or not he should go other than to let off steam
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Wenger only has the co trol at his disposal because rhe Board and the owners grant him it. Had he not been meeting their objectives, he'd be out.
    That in itself is a real worry and to be honest I have had the impression for quite a while that Wenger isn't accountable to anyone, he is his own boss.

I understand the principle behind giving Wenger a "free reign" though I don't agree with it. What concerns me more is the plan to replace him? Because if we give our current Manager so much freedom I would assume the same can be said of Wenger's replacement? If not...then what is the plan?

Basically I see parallels between us and Man United post Fergie and I think the easiest way to smoothen the transistion would be at the very least to hire a football man on the board, a David Dein type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm over the issue of Wenger/board, objectives, control etc.

I just want to know why he short changed the defence, one of the most stupid squad decisions he's ever made and boy there have been plenty of those to speak about. That's one question we all deserve an answer to because it was a problem even the most simple minded fan could have identified. I have absolutely no sympathy for him despite the seemingly unlucky spate of injuries, you play with fire, you get burnt.

Due to his negligence, a promising but unpolished 19 year old now is now required to play every single game and cover 2 positions because we have no other option, and he's already got himself suspended.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 16-10-2014 at 03:51 PM.