User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Arsenal AGM

Herbert_Chapman's_Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Orwell couldn't have done better. That's the cuddliest definition of nepotism I have seen in years. It does seem these gents have lurched into life now the business model is bearing fruit. Shame, considering the owners haven't dipped into their pockets once if you exclude the indecent payoff to the outgoing leeches. It's purely business then, and in any normal business that would be okay. But this isn't normal business, it's football hijacked by business. Nothing normal about it at all, even if has become the norm.
    Was the three million tax free?

I wonder how it was invested

If it were me it would be spent on a cocaine deal, those are usually tax free too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power_n_Glory View Post
    That sounds about right. The cheapskate in him saw the '2 for the price of 1' sticker and he couldn't help himself. He decided to take a gamble and thought we'd cope since he was already testing Chambers and Monreal as CB's in pre-season.

If he couldn't find the required quality in the Summer, won't it be even more difficult to buy in January?
    Yep totally agree. Wenger's gambling has cost us this season, we surrended challenging for the title before a ball was Kicked IMO.

I think the required quality was there in the Summer, Wenger just isn't prepared to pay for it when it comes to the Defensive side of the team. It's an area which he has neglected and badly mismanaged for a number of years now.

I honestly think he'll bring in a "Kallstrom" type loan signing for Defence in January, god knows what is going to happen this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's always going to be a reason somewhere to not sign a player if you're determined to find a reason. We dismissed a whole lot of names over the summer and with a lot of justification but the truth is......any number of options would have seen a situation preferable to the one we find ourselves in now.

We're talking experienced premier league quality free transfers right through to premium Mangalas..... He's making it increasingly difficult to defend him.