User Tag List

Page 1017 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 17517917967100710151016101710181019102710671117 ... LastLast
Results 10,161 to 10,170 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explains what happened to Letters.
    Für eure Sicherheit

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Explains what happened to Letters.
    That’s absurd and unfair

Letters never achieved success either under his own steam or with help from anyone else

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    But nobody claimed Elvis was a great song writer and neither did he. That's the difference. Wenger is getting the praise for everything and taking the credit whilst those that had a major influence are being written out.
    The manager generally gets the praise for the successes and criticism for the failures.
    Such is the lot of a football manager.
    The truth is that any manager has a team around him both on and off the field.
    But the buck stops with the manager and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone claim about any other manager that success just happened around them despite their ineptitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The manager generally gets the praise for the successes and criticism for the failures.
    But the buck stops with the manager and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone claim about any other manager that success just happened around them despite their ineptitude.
    No other manager can be compared to Wenger now - for all the wrong reasons. A drunken Clough is the closest we can seem to get. Maybe it has happened in the distant past, but no modern manager has hijacked a football club and made it all about himself like Wenger has. Not for so long anyway. Not even Maureen has managed it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Before we stray too far and start talking in general terms, we're talking about a very specific example. This whole issue about Dixon, Adams and Cole came about through the leaked audio of Bellerin saying he's not learning much from the coaches at AFC and the leaked info from the players meeting from the City game. Praise for results and trophies isn't what I'm talking about.

People are perplexed by the development of our young players and wonder why they're all so bang average but have a hard time accepting the answer when it arrives. Dixon wasn't just throwing jabs towards Wenger, he was looking at the team today and using his own experience to help explain why we're so poor defensively. He even said Bould's time working with the defenders has been cut back. Wright has said the same thing. There are several accounts of players saying the old English players played a huge part in their development when first coming over to England. Yet you ask why this information is important and people claim this is revisionism. Most fans are ignorant to what's really happening behind the scenes so it baffles me how they're able to refute what Dixon saw and simply chalk it up to bitterness.

HCZ
    In fairness has anyone here actually taken issue with what Dixon said?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ View Post
    Not directly. But if the trend is followed, Dixon will be receiving his ban from Wenger any time now.

The fact is, the Wenger fraud has been so thoroughly exposed because of the time this dickhead hung on. He could have left and got away with it. Now people know, even though many still want to defend him even as their club sinks beneath the waves because of him. Self hating fans I suppose.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TEG

Also, yourself and IBK mentioned something about 'revisionism' stemming from disillusionment. I disagree. People maybe revising their opinion on Wenger and his contribution and maybe more accepting of this new information because of what we're seeing now, but regardless of the state of the club, this is still new information from Dixon shouldn't be dismissed. Heck, people once thought the world was flat.

HCZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Delusions of Grandeur View Post
    TEG

Also, yourself and IBK mentioned something about 'revisionism' stemming from disillusionment. I disagree. People maybe revising their opinion on Wenger and his contribution and maybe more accepting of this new information because of what we're seeing now, but regardless of the state of the club, this is still new information from Dixon shouldn't be dismissed. Heck, people once thought the world was flat.
    So you’ve basically inferred...I see

Never mind that I’ve said several times that Lee Dixon said nothing that was of any real surprise to me. Wenger is not a coach, Adams said it and Dixon said it....we know that coaching defending doesn’t even really happen much at Arsenal

The point I am referring to is the inference that Wenger lucked out somehow and all this came about for him and he was the witness beneficiary.

That’s the kind of revisionism i am referring to, that somehow he’s always been shit and what’s happening is him being exposed as some kind of Charlatan.

My point is like any manager you don’t achieve things by yourself but more as the figurehead of the combined and collective efforts of yourself and others.

And where Wenger has gone wrong is believing that it is all down to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you’ve basically inferred...I see

Never mind that I’ve said several times that Lee Dixon said nothing that was of any real surprise to me. Wenger is not a coach, Adams said it and Dixon said it....we know that coaching defending doesn’t even really happen much at Arsenal

The point I am referring to is the inference that Wenger lucked out somehow and all this came about for him and he was the witness beneficiary.

That’s the kind of revisionism i am referring to, that somehow he’s always been shit and what’s happening is him being exposed as some kind of Charlatan.

My point is like any manager you don’t achieve things by yourself but more as the figurehead of the combined and collective efforts of yourself and others.

And where Wenger has gone wrong is believing that it is all down to him.
    If you read that again, I never said you had a problem with what Lee Dixon said. I said TEG had a problem with what Lee Dixon said. You don't have to repeat your stance.

Also, the point I was making about 'revisionism' is that it doesn't have to stem from disillusionment. People changing their opinion on him in light of recent information isn't something I'd class as rewriting history. Some of it's a bit extreme. He's not a complete fraud. But at one point we all thought Wenger could turn water into wine and it was mostly him and he'd be able to duplicate the same success with anyone.