User Tag List

Page 104 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 454941021031041051061141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 13847

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AST want to know if RVP will be sold to highest bidder or if footballing factors come into play. meeting with gazidis on friday will hopefully shed light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltord's Winner View Post
    according to Nigel Phillips the spare cash is put towards champions league pot just in case we miss out so it doesn't affect us too much.
    which in theory is actually quite sensible. it means if it odes happen we dont suddenly lose players becasue we cant afford to pay them etc and do a leeds. it does however sacrifice short term success for long term stability which imo is the right thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn View Post
    The survey was also taken before Van Persie announced he was going to leave. I think a lot would feel differently right now.
    i think this shows just how much damage van persie has done. before there was more optimism, we seemed to be moving forward and strenghtening and now we are back to where we were last august all because of one statement

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its gone quiet on their end so im guessing the meetings pretty much concluded.

so AST will meet with gazidis at the end of the week and will put forth all results/views. they are ultimately viewed as the first port of call between fans and club so their view is taken seriously by the board.

interesting is the pot put towards champions league in case we miss out; sensible planning as ollie says. another interesting part was that we're pretty much sticking with the tight budgets for another 2 years until the new deals are negotiated, but after that, our revenue sky rockets. hopefully this will be reflected in transfers. it also explains why wenger sells every summer to create a budget for incoming players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltord's Winner View Post
    another interesting part was that we're pretty much sticking with the tight budgets for another 2 years until the new deals are negotiated, but after that, our revenue sky rockets. hopefully this will be reflected in transfers. it also explains why wenger sells every summer to create a budget for incoming players.
    I have a feeling Wenger is operating on a tight budget but I don't accept that (crap sponsorship/marketing deals) as a reason. If you know you're going to be hitting a lot more money in a couple of years, that doesn't mean you can't start spending now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling Wenger is operating on a tight budget but I don't accept that (crap sponsorship/marketing deals) as a reason. If you know you're going to be hitting a lot more money in a couple of years, that doesn't mean you can't start spending now.
    it kinda does though, you cant spend what you dont have. im going to use myself as an example here, i was meant to be working on a theatre job this week that was going to pay me x amount, this was agreed six weeks ago so i booked a couple of trips to see friends because i knew i had the money coming in. i then broke my wrist and now cant work, so i spent the money i thought i would earn and now havnt earnt it. therefore im in a loss, and have no money damaging me long term.

so just because we have sponsorship deals up for renewal does not guarentee us the money so we shouldnt spend it because for whatever reason the sponsorship deals might not happen.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's definetly on a tight budget but that makes his decisions even worse; wenger knew we had serious cash impediments yet still signed poor players and put them on big wages. he also put youth players on bumper contracts which has ultimately cost us. it was the last thing we needed when our finances were so tight; it has messed everything up and will take years to sort out, made worse by the fact we can't shift some of the players.

as for our spending, this is where people are calling for kroenke to put some money into the club but he won't; he's been sold the self-sustaining model and wants to milk every penny out of us before he sells. as i said in another thread, i have a feeling he'll sell in 2014; we'll renegotiate the tv and sponsorship deals, and wengers contract will expire. the value of the club will have risen and a new owner even has the autonomy to pick the new manager. this makes us more attractive.

kroenke could easily make a transfer pot of £30m available on top of what we already have in order to give us a serious boost towards the title. he could make that back through merchandise sales and potential prize money, but he's happy sticking with what he knows and not taking what he views as unmitigated risks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ollie the optimist View Post
    it kinda does though, you cant spend what you dont have. im going to use myself as an example here, i was meant to be working on a theatre job this week that was going to pay me x amount, this was agreed six weeks ago so i booked a couple of trips to see friends because i knew i had the money coming in. i then broke my wrist and now cant work, so i spent the money i thought i would earn and now havnt earnt it. therefore im in a loss, and have no money damaging me long term.
    At our (individual) level we are credit-constrained. When we're talking about one of the world's richest clubs valued at over a billion dollars the same doesn't apply. Nobody's worrying about collateral. Arsenal can pull the cash out of anywhere.

I'm not saying there aren't legitimate reasons as to why we're not spending more money in transfers/wages. But I am saying that 'waiting for sponsorship deals to end' isn't how a billion-dollar company operates. (Sorry for using the 'dollar' but £800m doesn't quite have the same shock factor).

so just because we have sponsorship deals up for renewal does not guarentee us the money so we shouldnt spend it because for whatever reason the sponsorship deals might not happen.
    Of course the sponsorship deals will happen. Things move quickly in sport but our worst case scenario is 'doing a Liverpool'. We'll still remain a big club with worldwide appeal and we'll tie up a lucrative sponsorship deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger's an economist so he must know about consumption smoothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah. I just didn't want to sound like a douche.