User Tag List

Page 1066 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 665669661016105610641065106610671068107611161166 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,660 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Honestly don't understand the Ozilhate.
    It seems like he hasn't been well managed but that problem might be solved now.
    He is one of the few truly world class players we have, do you lot have brain AIDS?
    I'm not sure why it's so widely accepted. I've seen players of lesser talented get roasted for a lot less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every player gets a new chance now we have a proper manager

If they mess up under Em dog then bye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonermerree View Post
    He's on he highest wages in the club and he gets a lot of matches off. I don't believe he's injured at all. He didn't play the last two matches, Wenger giving him a rest before the WC no doubt. It's not on, play for the team and the club.
    He's preserving himself for his last World Cup, at the club's expense and most certainly having secured Wenger's blessing or he never could have got away with it. All very undesirable and a giant piss take, but you have to have a Wenger in order to have an Ozil (or any player) with that attitude. Now that Wenger is gone, if the whole philosophy at the club is not reversed 180 degrees we will quickly find we have much, much bigger problems than Ozil.

As for Ozil's future, we start in the position of beggars not being choosers. Who are we going to play in his place, Iwobi? Exactly. He's our best player, along with Aubameyang, and the best we are likely to get in the short term until Wenger's rancid legacy has been purged and the club gets back to some degree of normality.

My worry is Emery has already been bent over by dickheads like Neymar. Hopefully that's a one-off and not a character flaw.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post

It's going to be part of first major decision for Emery. Where does he play Ozil and what does he do with him if he doesn't press and close down fast enough? The manager has made his intentions clear enough so can't let it slide as we've seen with Wenger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    He's preserving himself for his last World Cup, at the club's expense and most certainly having secured Wenger's blessing or he never could have got away with it. All very undesirable and a giant piss take, but you have to have a Wenger in order to have an Ozil (or any player) with that attitude. Now that Wenger is gone, if the whole philosophy at the club is not reversed 180 degrees we will quickly find we have much, much bigger problems than Ozil.

As for Ozil's future, we start in the position of beggars not being choosers. Who are we going to play in his place, Iwobi? Exactly. He's our best player, along with Aubameyang, and the best we are likely to get in the short term until Wenger's rancid legacy has been purged and the club gets back to some degree of normality.

My worry is Emery has already been bent over by dickheads like Neymar. Hopefully that's a one-off and not a character flaw.
    Speaking of Iwobi, I hope Emery will get a lot more out of him. He's had a few performances that suggest he's capable of so much more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cripps View Post

FFS. Now I’m agreeing with Cripps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

I didn't say we should get rid of him, we won't get much for him now anyway. I'm just hoping Emrey can get something out of him and that he starts behaving like a professional footballer. I don't care that it's his last World Cup, let Germany pay his wages if that's his priority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Speaking of Iwobi, I hope Emery will get a lot more out of him. He's had a few performances that suggest he's capable of so much more.
    Agreed. He's a young player that has plenty of talent but (shock) needs guidance and coaching to improve his overall game.

I'm pretty confident all our players will improve under the new manager. Wenger literally had a hands off, don't even tell them where they are going wrong in case it kills them, approach. Disaster.

Another huge change will be the chain of accountability that surely has to develop. Emery doesn't have Wenger's magic shield. If his players don't perform then he's the guy who'll pay the price. So you have to think he won't be putting up with a lot of the shit that has gone on in the past. He can't afford to. Players who fancy taking mid season holidays or who can't learn to correct their mistakes will be out. Half the players are probably shitting themselves and lamenting an inevitable end to the easy ride. The ones who have a bit of ambition will be relieved. It'll be interesting to find out who's who.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    It's going to be part of first major decision for Emery. Where does he play Ozil and what does he do with him if he doesn't press and close down fast enough? The manager has made his intentions clear enough so can't let it slide as we've seen with Wenger.
    Wide on the right is where I'd play him. Mkhitaryan on the left, Laca in the hole and Aubameyang up top. I bet Ramsey and Laca can form a good partnership in the main engine room where the intensity is high and the effort has to match.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    FFS. Now I’m agreeing with Cripps
    No you aren't.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.