User Tag List

Page 1079 of 1381 FirstFirst ... 795799791029106910771078107910801081108911291179 ... LastLast
Results 10,781 to 10,790 of 13802

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are vociferous sects of German society that very much believe in the kind of regime that Erdogan seems to represent, but I agree with the point that he should have quickly distanced himself from Erdogan or at least made the line between his position and the Erdogan's very clear.

I would agree though that whatever they (DVB/individuals) see him as, be it German, Turkish-German or even Turkish, they should be consistent with their view then they wouldn't leave themselves open to some of this stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure there are groups in Germany that believe in Erdogan's type of regime. From what I've read, there is a divide within the Turkish/German community over Erdogan. I didn't realise that at the time the picture was taken, Turkish migrants living in Germany were eligible to vote in the Turkish election. It's naive of Ozil not to see that he was used as part of an election campaign. How can you pose with the guy for a picture referring to him as 'My President' yet try to say this wasn't political? Not too long before the picture, Erdogan compared German officials to Nazi's. This was bound to cause a shit storm and he should made a similar sort of statement that he currently has on IG accusing the German FA of racism. He's played right into the hands of racist right wingers that are anti immigration and those extremist nuts that are also anti immigration / anti West. Surely, if he had friends and relatives that were anti Erdogan, they'd have advised him to issue a massive apology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you pose with the guy for a picture referring to him as 'My President'
    Do you have a link to an actual quote from Ozil saying this? In his retirement statement, Ozil writes: "For me, having a picture with Presi*dent Erdogan wasn’t about politics or elections, it was about me respecting the highest office of my family’s country." You might argue semantics but the words, and therefore the meaning, are different.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gooner View Post
    Do you have a link to an actual quote from Ozil saying this? In his retirement statement, Ozil writes: "For me, having a picture with Presi*dent Erdogan wasn’t about politics or elections, it was about me respecting the highest office of my family’s country." You might argue semantics but the words, and therefore the meaning, are different.
    Dude, you're still arguing at a very surface level on this one. I don't think there is much else we can talk about. The funny thing is, I bet if Ozil had taken a picture in another teams shirt and the papers whipped up a story about a possible transfer, I bet there would be fury and fans urging him to clear up the confusion immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across a couple of comments on the Guardian website that said that it was Gundogan who wrote "my president" on the shirt given to Erdogan.

It is a bit of a strawman to write about Ozil wearing the shirt of another club team. I have never read one but I strongly suspect that most, if not all, will contain a clause specifically prohibiting the wearing of a shirt that is not the player's club or national team.
    While all answers are responses, not all responses are answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I just say that our new Third kit is a pile of horse shit. It’s an abomination, puma are taking the absolute piss with that latest effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the new 3rd kit.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralpheroo72 View Post
    Can I just say that our new Third kit is a pile of horse shit. It’s an abomination, puma are taking the absolute piss with that latest effort.
    I'm with you, awful choice of colour, really looks cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third kits tend to be horrific.

Though I did like last years black and pink one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not technically Arsenal related but wasn't sure where else to put it

https://www.theguardian.com/football...larreal-injury

Santi

Wish him well.