User Tag List

Page 1083 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 835839831033107310811082108310841085109311331183 ... LastLast
Results 10,821 to 10,830 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been on the cards for a while so no surprises really. Still bad news though, he's a fucking leech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We desperately need this not to happen, if it does this club is finished as a competitve outfit.

The guy is trying to fund this with a loan, it's not even his own money! The worry is that the talk that Usmanov wants out is true he might just accept it, on the other hand he may not be willing to sell to a guy who has stopped him getting involved at all in the club, he doesn't really need the money tbh.
    Last edited by Özim; 07-08-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got to look on the bright side really as there is no other option. If Wenger had still been in charge now I would have been thinking suicidal thoughts, but Kroenke might let the club run itself or he might now turn into the owner from hell who only wants to milk his assets.
    If he leaves the football decisions to experts, i think we might be ok. We can buy players up to 100m on occasion as we have shown, but not 2 or 3 each season.

For me its only the football that counts. If he lets the club use its own revenues we will grow enough to still compete but probably not beat the 3 money clubs.

If he starts to fk us about we know what to do. Hit him in the pocket, its the only thing he cares about.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    We desperately need this not to happen, if it does this club is finished as a competitve outfit.
    Did you have any hope of us being competitive again? You’ve been misery guts all preseason despite Wenger finally getting the boot.

You’re not the only one though. It will take a lot for the fanbase to recover from what’s happened to this club. Every single move we make has been met with cynicism by a lot of people. This news certainly won’t help that. Disturbing to here that Stan doesn’t have to disclose our finances once he owns it all. It’s all a done deal. Jabba the Hut has agreed to sell. Leeches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    You've got to look on the bright side really as there is no other option. If Wenger had still been in charge now I would have been thinking suicidal thoughts, but Kroenke might let the club run itself or he might now turn into the owner from hell who only wants to milk his assets.
    If he leaves the football decisions to experts, i think we might be ok. We can buy players up to 100m on occasion as we have shown, but not 2 or 3 each season.

For me its only the football that counts. If he lets the club use its own revenues we will grow enough to still compete but probably not beat the 3 money clubs.

If he starts to fk us about we know what to do. Hit him in the pocket, its the only thing he cares about.
    You're right it is football that counts, but Kroenke know nothing about football and isn't in the least bit interested in it.

Kroenke has no intention of lettings us buy 100 million players, look at this summer, we've spent what 70 odd million and are now selling players. He's in it to make money not to make the club successful, he's been here years and since he's been here we've been going backwards and never been bothered about winning the big prizes.

Yes Wenger was at fault for that, but it's the clubs owner that decides whether he's happy with the managers performance and the result and the guy has been, he was backing Wenger for years.

There's no doubt this would be a terrible terrible thing for AFC, as for hitting him in the pocket, if we get top 4 it's been shown this will never happen, it's only if things go badly wrong like last season that people start not turning up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great news to get Jabba the Gutt out of my club.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Did you have any hope of us being competitive again? You’ve been misery guts all preseason despite Wenger finally getting the boot.

You’re not the only one though. It will take a lot for the fanbase to recover from what’s happened to this club. Every single move we make has been met with cynicism by a lot of people. This news certainly won’t help that. Disturbing to here that Stan doesn’t have to disclose our finances once he owns it all. It’s all a done deal. Jabba the Hut has agreed to sell. Leeches.
    Yes I did, we'll have to see what Emery does, but in todays market I'm disappointed with the amount of money we've had available, even the likes of West Ham have had more, new manager or not it's disappointing.

Kroenke is the worst of the worst when it comes to owners, it's been proven we don't need to speculate, look at his franchises in the US (where fans don't like him) and look at us since he's been here, he's not bothered about winning and doesn't know a thing about football so him owning the whole club is a bad thing whatever way you look at it.

You want an owner interested in the clubs on the pitch affairs as well, not just someone who looks at it as a cash cow, once he owns the whole club he can basically do whatever he want with no questions asked, not good when he's not interested in the football side at all if you ask me, at least the guy at Chelsea loves football and enjoys watching his team win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fair to say that you'd have to be pretty ignorant to actively want Kroenke to own the whole club because generally it's not seen as a good thing to have one person own a whole club if they have no real interest in the sport and their primary interest is money. I can remember people laughed when Abrahmovic too over at Chelsea, but at least the guy invested his own money and loves football.

Realistically Usmanov has no choice, he's not going to be able to sell them to anyone else, 30% of the sharers with no say, no dividend, noone is going to buy them from him.

Sad, sad day for the club, borrowed money being used to buy the club by a man who has been shown to fail the clubs he owns, once he owns it doesn't have to reveal anything about anything and with Kroenke that will mean we'll know nothing about what's going on the with the club. Any fan of AFC should be considered.
    Last edited by Özim; 07-08-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Yes I did, we'll have to see what Emery does, but in todays market I'm disappointed with the amount of money we've had available, even the likes of West Ham have had more, new manager or not it's disappointing.

Kroenke is the worst of the worst when it comes to owners, it's been proven we don't need to speculate, look at his franchises in the US (where fans don't like him) and look at us since he's been here, he's not bothered about winning and doesn't know a thing about football so him owning the whole club is a bad thing whatever way you look at it.

You want an owner interested in the clubs on the pitch affairs as well, not just someone who looks at it as a cash cow, once he owns the whole club he can basically do whatever he want with no questions asked, not good when he's not interested in the football side at all if you ask me, at least the guy at Chelsea loves football and enjoys watching his team win.
    I still see a lot a negativity over money spent and transfers and we haven’t even had a competitive game yet. We spent a lot of money on Lacazette and Aubameyang last season and we’ve spent a lot on Ozil’s wages. We’ve spent quite a bit since the new sponsorship deals and have wasted a lot. I’m not looking too deeply into this season on transfers because Emery has to establish a structure and then get rid of the useless pieces. If we continue to go for cheap bargains despite an obvious need after this season, then I will start to worry a little.

I’ve spoken on Kroenke enough and looking at what he has done with the LA Rams, I predicted we’d soon see Wenger get the boot and the way Wenger was booted was similar to how the previous Rams coach was booted. Wenger was given a new contract but booted after a year into that new contract.

Also, I’ve always been wary of drawing too much of a comparison between how franchises are run in American sports and the Premier League. In American Sports, they have a draft system and salary caps. I don’t think you can inject your own cash into the playing staff. It’s becoming that way in the Prem as well. Not really sure what point there is in looking deeply into how is other franchises are performing. It’s more about how they’re run and the staff behind them.

If we’re in for another 10 years of misery, like what we saw from Wenger, what are you going to do? That’s the bigger question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    I still see a lot a negativity over money spent and transfers and we haven’t even had a competitive game yet. We spent a lot of money on Lacazette and Aubameyang last season and we’ve spent a lot on Ozil’s wages. We’ve spent quite a bit since the new sponsorship deals and have wasted a lot. I’m not looking too deeply into this season on transfers because Emery has to establish a structure and then get rid of the useless pieces. If we continue to go for cheap bargains despite an obvious need after this season, then I will start to worry a little.

I’ve spoken on Kroenke enough and looking at what he has done with the LA Rams, I predicted we’d soon see Wenger get the boot and the way Wenger was booted was similar to how the previous Rams coach was booted. Wenger was given a new contract but booted after a year into that new contract.

Also, I’ve always been wary of drawing too much of a comparison between how franchises are run in American sports and the Premier League. In American Sports, they have a draft system and salary caps. I don’t think you can inject your own cash into the playing staff. It’s becoming that way in the Prem as well. Not really sure what point there is in looking deeply into how is other franchises are performing. It’s more about how they’re run and the staff behind them.

If we’re in for another 10 years of misery, like what we saw from Wenger, what are you going to do? That’s the bigger question.
    I see this re-hashed time and time again about Auba and Laca, we were 40 million in credit due to all the players sales before we bought him, so in fact he didn't cost us a lot, so actually our spend is very low. I am looking into the spend because we were told we had 50-60 million before the summer and that's how it's turned out and whichever way you look at it that's pocked change these days, even small clubs spend more (and now we're trying to sell).

Even if you ignore the American side, you can look at what he's done since he's been with us, we've not been competitve, he's been more than hapy with 4th place and supported Wenger for years when he underachieved so that speaks volumes for me.

Once he takes 100% control there's nothing you can do, nothing will happen unless we start falling away, if we got CL football ever other year that would be enough, basically game over.