User Tag List

Page 1088 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 885889881038107810861087108810891090109811381188 ... LastLast
Results 10,871 to 10,880 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Our only hope is that Emery turns out to be a miracle worker and identifies top talents for next to nothing, if he doesn't and we need to sign top players I personally think we'll be in trouble. I guess it also depends on how hungry Emery is for success.

But yes we'll see in a few years I guess.
    It's more than Emery. It's Sven and Raul.

Was just listening to the Arsenal Vision Podcast and they raised a good point about Josh Kroenke being behind much of the recent changes as well as Gazidis. They think Josh will have a more active roll in the club and he is a football man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh is as much a football man as any beer chugger down the pub. What did he know about football before his Dad bought into Arsenal?. Nothing most likely. His heart might be in the right place but he has held no position in any football establishment before. He may give it a good go but we know why he is even within earshot of being considered for such a tough role.
    As for FFP, thats a paper Tiger if there ever was one. As PSG and City have shown its easy to swerve round these rules in broad daylight. If you own a Country you can get its airline to sponsor your shirt, bib, or toilet seats for any price you care. Usmanov owns many companies primarily in metals and oil.
    Any of his companies could win an "ahem" competitive bid to name the new Everton stadium, their training ground and bucket seats on the bench. Its a joke
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Josh is as much a football man as any beer chugger down the pub. What did he know about football before his Dad bought into Arsenal?. Nothing most likely. His heart might be in the right place but he has held no position in any football establishment before. He may give it a good go but we know why he is even within earshot of being considered for such a tough role.
    As for FFP, thats a paper Tiger if there ever was one. As PSG and City have shown its easy to swerve round these rules in broad daylight. If you own a Country you can get its airline to sponsor your shirt, bib, or toilet seats for any price you care. Usmanov owns many companies primarily in metals and oil.
    Any of his companies could win an "ahem" competitive bid to name the new Everton stadium, their training ground and bucket seats on the bench. Its a joke
    Name the football men with great knowledge that run rival clubs?

AC Milan have been kicked out of the Europe. We'll see if they win an appeal and get back in. QPR have been handed a record fine. Not sure how long clubs can take the piss with the rules and not suffer the consequences. Trying to get around the regulations with lawyers and such will end up being costly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Name the football men with great knowledge that run rival clubs?

AC Milan have been kicked out of the Europe. We'll see if they win an appeal and get back in. QPR have been handed a record fine. Not sure how long clubs can take the piss with the rules and not suffer the consequences. Trying to get around the regulations with lawyers and such will end up being costly.
    You must be a comedian. People that are actually doing the job....compared to Josh who has not run a boy scouts team before.....are you serious?. Let it go man, Kroenke's son may do a good job for us but he probably couldnt name half of the invincibles team. That s how much of a football man he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must be a comedian. People that are actually doing the job....compared to Josh who has not run a boy scouts team before.....are you serious?. Let it go man, Kroenke's son may do a good job for us but he probably couldnt name half of the invincibles team. That s how much of a football man he is.
    Seriously, what are you talking about and what do you think I said previously? What do you think I mean by Josh Kroenke having a more active role?

I have to start questioning what you guys know about the club because I take it for granted for thinking we all read the same stuff. You're aware that it was Josh Kroenke that came over from the US to review the club structure and that's what lead to Wenger getting fired and the restructure with Emery, Sven and Raul taking over? That's what I mean by more active just in case you've missed what I'm talking about.
    He's now taken up a Board position.

Do you think Usmanov can name the Invincible squad? Is that a prerequisite for all owners? Knowing a clubs history? What's the history of the owners at Liverpool and what do they know about football? Same goes for Abramovich and City owners. Look around the sport and the current models running the game. You don't have to be a football man. You just have to hire and empower people that are and know the game. That's what we've been doing with Raul, Sven and Emery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Seriously, what are you talking about and what do you think I said previously? What do you think I mean by Josh Kroenke having a more active role?

I have to start questioning what you guys know about the club because I take it for granted for thinking we all read the same stuff. You're aware that it was Josh Kroenke that came over from the US to review the club structure and that's what lead to Wenger getting fired and the restructure with Emery, Sven and Raul taking over? That's what I mean by more active just in case you've missed what I'm talking about.
    He's now taken up a Board position.

Do you think Usmanov can name the Invincible squad? Is that a prerequisite for all owners? Knowing a clubs history? What's the history of the owners at Liverpool and what do they know about football? Same goes for Abramovich and City owners. Look around the sport and the current models running the game. You don't have to be a football man. You just have to hire and empower people that are and know the game. That's what we've been doing with Raul, Sven and Emery.
    You said Josh is a football man. Kindly detail his experience outside being Stans son

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said Josh is a football man. Kindly detail his experience outside being Stans son
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...red-candidate/

He's a big fan of Thierry Henry and reports say both Josh and Henry are close or have some form of a relationship. No idea how close but it was supposed to be Josh that wanted Henry back at the club coaching. He's supposed to be the one with more knowledge on the sport. He's not even 40 yet and more of an athlete than his father.

But again, name the owners with football experience and interests outside of the clubs they own. Some of these owners have no other business related to sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m really not bothered if Stan stays in the background and keeps his hands in his pockets, tbh, as long as he doesn’t plunder us too badly with dividend pay outs and management fees - more than happy to earn what we spend (which is far from insignificant) as long as we’re left free to spend what we earn...
    Last edited by I am invisible; 12-08-2018 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no Ramsey contract, are we going to hold onto this guy until he he's able to go on a free, surely we've learnt our lesson from previous experiences. Sad thing is even if we sold him now we won't be able to spend the money on the team.

Pretty disappointed with how the club has handled this situation, poor show, this should have been sorted weeks ago one way or the other. We don't seem to have any money to invest in the team (unlike most of the other clubs) and yet we're happy to let another guy run down his contract, the lack of common sense is alarming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FFS! Stop moaning. It's match day and a new start to the season. How are you waking up with something complain about today?