User Tag List

Page 1093 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 935939931043108310911092109310941095110311431193 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,930 of 13792

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also why is postage charge forced upon you when you buy a ticket!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Partly, but also with the commercial side which is OK but not great, the other thing of course is his empty words about challenging etc etc.

When we had Dein he clearly brought something to the table, he had contacts, ambition and would get involved in bringing players in and would encourage the manager to sign players, Gazidis didn't have any of that and IMO didn't achieve a lot, for a guy in that position to accept being in the managers shadow for so long doesn't sit well with me either to be honest.
    Dein's answer to dealing with the arrival of Abramovich and his millions was to bring Stan Kroenke to the table. Worth remembering that since your so against Kroenke's ownership.

Gazidis didn't have the same sort of relationship with Wenger compared to Dein, but I'd argue we signed more ready made quality players under Gazidis but Wenger lost his touch with development and couldn't hang with the Pre competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also...first time I've used the new seat viewer. Makes the stadium look very pretty when empty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Also why is postage charge forced upon you when you buy a ticket!?
    I was being charged postage once when I ordered some tickets that were for print at home. I contacted them and they said that shouldn't be the case and it was some sort of error on their part. They soon corrected it.

Obviously if they're sending paper tickets then postage will apply though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    Dein's answer to dealing with the arrival of Abramovich and his millions was to bring Stan Kroenke to the table. Worth remembering that since your so against Kroenke's ownership.

Gazidis didn't have the same sort of relationship with Wenger compared to Dein, but I'd argue we signed more ready made quality players under Gazidis but Wenger lost his touch with development and couldn't hang with the Pre competition.
    Yes but had he not been ousted by the other lot things may well have been very different as he was a visionnary and his relationship with Kroenke probably would have meant a different policy, you can blame Hill-Wood and co for what has happened with Kroenke, they made him top dog and kept the Russian off the board.

We signed a fair few top quality players with Dein, difference though is that we didn't sell our top players, the only reason we had to spend in latter years partly due to sale of top players and fan pressure.

Gazidis hasn't done a good job, look where the club are now compared to when he arrived, we're a mess, on top of that rather than looking for a top coach he was looking at losers like Arteta and in the end settled for Emery who whilst decent is not an elite coach and was sacked by his last club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I was being charged postage once when I ordered some tickets that were for print at home. I contacted them and they said that shouldn't be the case and it was some sort of error on their part. They soon corrected it.

Obviously if they're sending paper tickets then postage will apply though.
    It automatically added it and there was nowhere to deselect it and I couldn't be arsed to start the whole bloody thing again in my lunch break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but had he not been ousted by the other lot things may well have been very different as he was a visionnary and his relationship with Kroenke probably would have meant a different policy, you can blame Hill-Wood and co for what has happened with Kroenke, they made him top dog and kept the Russian off the board.

We signed a fair few top quality players with Dein, difference though is that we didn't sell our top players, the only reason we had to spend in latter years partly due to sale of top players and fan pressure.

Gazidis hasn't done a good job, look where the club are now compared to when he arrived, we're a mess, on top of that rather than looking for a top coach he was looking at losers like Arteta and in the end settled for Emery who whilst decent is not an elite coach and was sacked by his last club.
    What are you talking about? We sold off the majority of invincible squad within a couple of seasons. We didn't retain any of them for future coaching roles under Dein, had that silly 30+ 1 year contract rule under Dein. Started project youth under Dein...it was also Dein that was negotiating contracts which is what fucked things up with Ashley Cole. Vieira was complaining about the lack of top quality signings whilst Dein was around and left for Juve. We didn't replace Vieira. We decided on blooding Cesc and Flamini in the middle of the pitch. We struggled badly. In fact, we lost Edu not too long after losing Vieira.

We had our problems whilst Dein was still here. It's not as if Dein disappeared from Arsenal as well. I'm sure he and Arsene remained friends and talked football. Where was his influence on Wenger then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you talking about? We sold off the majority of invincible squad within a couple of seasons. We didn't retain any of them for future coaching roles under Dein, had that silly 30+ 1 year contract rule under Dein. Started project youth under Dein...it was also Dein that was negotiating contracts which is what fucked things up with Ashley Cole. Vieira was complaining about the lack of top quality signings whilst Dein was around and left for Juve. We didn't replace Vieira. We decided on blooding Cesc and Flamini in the middle of the pitch. We struggled badly. In fact, we lost Edu not too long after losing Vieira.

We had our problems whilst Dein was still here. It's not as if Dein disappeared from Arsenal as well. I'm sure he and Arsene remained friends and talked football. Where was his influence on Wenger then?
    We chose to sell those players, they weren't top players that wanted out like Van Persie, Nasri etc other than Cole of course. The 1 year thing was Wengers idea, Dein didn't involve himself in everything Wenger did otherwise Wenger wouldn't have been happy, so he had to give him some slack.

Vieira left for Juve, but we wanted to sell him, we could have kept hold of him if we'd wanted to like we did when Real wanted him, the Juve move was our idea (Vieira stated as much I beilieve, he agreed to it when he realised the club no longer wanted him).

Dein wasn't perfect but we wont stuff with him there, what has Gazidis actually done, not much from what I can see, since he's been there the club have regressed both on and off the pitch, he's the one that settled for 4th place and never pushed to get Wenger to perform better after all.

IMO he was a massive flop and I'm happy he's left, he's no great loss, hopefully the new guy doing the role now will do a much better job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We chose to sell those players, they weren't top players that wanted out like Van Persie, Nasri etc other than Cole of course. The 1 year thing was Wengers idea, Dein didn't involve himself in everything Wenger did otherwise Wenger wouldn't have been happy, so he had to give him some slack.

Vieira left for Juve, but we wanted to sell him, we could have kept hold of him if we'd wanted to like we did when Real wanted him, the Juve move was our idea (Vieira stated as much I beilieve, he agreed to it when he realised the club no longer wanted him).

Dein wasn't perfect but we wont stuff with him there, what has Gazidis actually done, not much from what I can see, since he's been there the club have regressed both on and off the pitch, he's the one that settled for 4th place and never pushed to get Wenger to perform better after all.

IMO he was a massive flop and I'm happy he's left, he's no great loss, hopefully the new guy doing the role now will do a much better job.
    You actually believe that? In fact, let’s run with it. We sold Vieira and Edu in the same season and replaced them with who? We sold Vieira to Juve and did that strengthen us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You actually believe that? In fact, let’s run with it. We sold Vieira and Edu in the same season and replaced them with who? We sold Vieira to Juve and did that strengthen us?
    Yes I do, in fact Vieria alluded to this saying he was happy then he heard we'd accepted an offer from Juve and once he heard the club wanted to let him go he decided he should move on.

It was always Wengers' plan to build some sort of super youth team, we were never going to replace him, the replacement was Cesc.

I'm not saying it strenghtened us, I didn't agree with it and would have never wanted to do this, but Wenger saw it differently as we can see from his obsession with signing young players and putting them in the 1st team in subsequent years, he always maintained they were close to delivering success, he was wrong of course, but that was clear to all but him.

We're moving away from the subject of Gazidis though, IMO he was a failure, a year ago most fans would have wanted him out, sure Wenger went and there were a few changes, but it was alll too little too late for me, he sat there for years accepting mediocrity and positively encouraged it, all whilst picking his paycheck, he wasn't proactive and never made any obvious changes, commercially some of our deals were also questionnable over the years with out rivals dwarfing these.

Gazidis for me allowed Wenger to get away with underperforming, he never created a fuss and tried to push him, he was just a yes man agreeing with Wenger on everything up until the very end, despite it being clear we were nowhere near good enough or ambitious enough.

I can't say I'm sorry to see him go, I'd rather see someone more proactive and hungrier for success on the field, for me Gazidis was all talk, good luck to Milan that's all I can say.
    Last edited by Özim; 19-09-2018 at 10:03 AM.