User Tag List

Page 1098 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 985989981048108810961097109810991100110811481198 ... LastLast
Results 10,971 to 10,980 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It is hard to take these c**** seriously these days. Ramsey hasn't been pulling up over the trees of late and suddenly his billion pounds a week, or whatever they're offering him, isn't good enough.
    Well, you know what, fuck off then.
    He's hardly going to have Real Madrid or Barca scrabbling over his signature, he's going to end up at a mid-table club at best. Fuck him.
    Has somebody hacked letters' account?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm channelling NQ.
    Nah, I'm just a bit sick of these entitled mercenary twats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t see the difference between earning 100k and three times that amount myself. It’s all ridiculous.

As long as Ramsey shows the right attitude, which I imagine he will, he’ll still be picked I imagine. If not for the PL he will for the CC and EL as the squad isn’t that deep. Plus, dumping him in the reserves is not realistic. That’s not how you manage a group of people, because that’s the sort of move that can affect morale badly. It’s a nice idea in theory, but unrealistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand it in as much as I understand that people in any career feel they should be earning market rate for their skills.
    I don't in my job because in the public sector but it's my choice to stay there, there are certain good things about my job so like any career decision you weigh up the pros and cons.
    What I don't understand is why footballers who haven't been performing suddenly think (and are often given) massive pay rises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand it in as much as I understand that people in any career feel they should be earning market rate for their skills.
    I don't in my job because in the public sector but it's my choice to stay there, there are certain good things about my job so like any career decision you weigh up the pros and cons.
    What I don't understand is why footballers who haven't been performing suddenly think (and are often given) massive pay rises.
    Simply because they can. There’s nothing else to it. The game is awash with money, they play for a rich club, so they’ll push for big wages - especially when the club have left themselves in a weakened position as we have again. Seems like we’ve at least found some balls at the last minute though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also the fact that footballers' careers are 5 times shorter than your average code monkey's. Then again, I doubt Letters is on 20k pw
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    There's also the fact that footballers' careers are 5 times shorter than your average code monkey's. Then again, I doubt Letters is on 20k pw
    I don't get out of bed for less than £15k a week
    And I've long since stopped being a code monkey.

The short career argument worked when players were on 5 or 10k a week. Now it's 100 or 200k a week...
    This is why it costs £60+ to get into the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when Roy Keane got that £50k a week contract and we all thought the world had gone mad?
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Remember when Roy Keane got that £50k a week contract and we all thought the world had gone mad?
    I re-read Fever Pitch a while back and he was lamenting then how crazy it was all getting.
    And he was writing about stuff going on over 25 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get out of bed for less than £15k a week
    And I've long since stopped being a code monkey.

The short career argument worked when players were on 5 or 10k a week. Now it's 100 or 200k a week...
    This is why it costs £60+ to get into the ground.
    Also the possibilities are endless for when they retire, they could easily earn way above average money by coaching, punditry or even just from sponsorships and endorsements. With that kind of money in the bank as well, they could also keep themselves ticking over with investments. Short career means nothing really.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 28-09-2018 at 10:49 AM.