User Tag List

Page 1104 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 10460410041054109411021103110411051106111411541204 ... LastLast
Results 11,031 to 11,040 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    As we've seen with players like Xhaka, Kolasinac etc the Bundesligue is a weak league, top performers there are average when they come here so him scoring a few goals doesn't mean a lot.
    We bought Aubameyang, Leno and Sokratis from the Bundesliga. Kompany, De Bruyne and Sane are products of the Bundesliga. Firminho.... I get that we shouldn't overhype things but what you've said about our record and the Bundesliga in general is well off the mark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah bit of a blanket statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Power n Glory View Post
    We bought Aubameyang, Leno and Sokratis from the Bundesliga. Kompany, De Bruyne and Sane are products of the Bundesliga. Firminho.... I get that we shouldn't overhype things but what you've said about our record and the Bundesliga in general is well off the mark.
    I'lll change my statement slightly to cover more unknown players in the Bundesligue, the top players maybe not so much so, but players who aren't household names, like Xhaka, Kolasinac who seem to make it into the team of the year despite noone really knowing who they are don't usually turn out very well.

Kompany was already seen as a top player with a lot of potential before he moved to Germany to be fair, he was constantly linked with teams before his move, De Bruyne was also as that's why Chelsea signed him (although it didn't work out for him there), talent can develop there as it's not such a strong league so easier for talented players to flourish.

In other words yes it's worth signing the top stars from thst league, but not the unknowns who seem to be only known in Germany.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'lll change my statement slightly to cover more unknown players in the Bundesligue, the top players maybe not so much so, but players who aren't household names, like Xhaka, Kolasinac who seem to make it into the team of the year despite noone really knowing who they are don't usually turn out very well.

Kompany was already seen as a top player with a lot of potential before he moved to Germany to be fair, he was constantly linked with teams before his move, De Bruyne was also as that's why Chelsea signed him (although it didn't work out for him there), talent can develop there as it's not such a strong league so easier for talented players to flourish.

In other words yes it's worth signing the top stars from thst league, but not the unknowns who seem to be only known in Germany.
    Still a sweeping conclusion about the Bundesliga and it stems from what you've seen from two players we signed under Wenger.

It's a weird statement to make but I can see it's veiled under the usual anti Arsenal rhetoric. How hard is it to say that we need to be patient with Reiss Nelson and not get too excited?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still a sweeping conclusion about the Bundesliga and it stems from what you've seen from two players we signed under Wenger.

It's a weird statement to make but I can see it's veiled under the usual anti Arsenal rhetoric. How hard is it to say that we need to be patient with Reiss Nelson and not get too excited?
    It stems from not really rating the Bundesligue, apart the two top teams the rest are rubbish IMO.

It's not a thinly veiled anything, it's just pointing out yes he's had a few decent games but to put it into perspective it's a relatively weak league and that we shouldn't be clamouring for him as he's nothing more than a prospect right now, we've seen countless young players put a few decent games together in the past and then being hailed as something special only to flop spectacularly.

If he comes back, plays in the 1st team and performs very well then we can start getting excited, but based on the a few decent performances in the Bundesligue we can't.

And yes our forays into the German league haven't been very successful, but that's generally because in the past we've signed players who aren't really top quality thinking we'd bagged ourselves a bargain only for them to turn out to be poor, Aubameyng doesn't count obviously but he was one of the Bundesligue's best players, had performed season after season and done well in the CL as well, oh and he cost us 60 odd million.
    Last edited by Özim; 24-10-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It stems from not really rating the Bundesligue, apart the two top teams the rest are rubbish IMO.

It's not a thinly veiled anything, it's just pointing out yes he's had a few decent games but to put it into perspective it's a relatively weak league and that we shouldn't be clamouring for him as he's nothing more than a prospect right now, we've seen countless young players put a few decent games together in the past and then being hailed as something special only to flop spectacularly.

If he comes back, plays in the 1st team and performs very well then we can start getting excited, but based on the a few decent performances in the Bundesligue we can't.

And yes our forays into the German league haven't been very successful, but that's generally because in the past we've signed players who aren't really top quality thinking we'd bagged ourselves a bargain only for them to turn out to be poor, Aubameyng doesn't count obviously but he was one of the Bundesligue's best players, had performed season after season and done well in the CL as well, oh and he cost us 60 odd million.
    I have seen you complain about us not signing other bargain basement players from the Bundesliga. I'll find them.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...=4142&page=158

Don't get it Max Meyer is available for free, apparently he wants big wages but Palace are close to signing him so they can't be that big, why aren't we in for him and getting rid of Ramsey with a week to go till the end of the season.

I do find our transfer/contract negotiation poor on the whole, why do things like this keep happening?

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...=4142&page=172

Leicester sign Caglar Soyuncu, supposed to be good and linked with us all summer, Leicester might have picked up another bargain.

Overall 6 out of 10 for the transfer window, Torreira was an important one and the young French guy looks to have potential.
    Max Meyer and Caglar Soyuncu. Players signed by Crystal Palace on a free transfer and Leicester City and you're having a pop at us for not signing them. Two cheap players that came from the Bundesliga and hardly household names hence their respective clubs. Smacks of hypocrisy don't you think?

You've suggested other players like Draxler, who came from the Bundesliga and currently playing in Ligue 1 which isn't exactly a strong league either and Gelson Martins who came from the Portuguese League! It's a bit of a senseless position to hold and full of contradictions. How did you feel about us signing Torreira from Serie A? That's a piss poor league at the moment. Plenty of holes in this argument. We haven't signed many flops from the German League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking just the other day wondering about how Soyuncu was getting on....and there he was in front of me warming up the other night. Not sure whether he's close to Leicester's first team or not so in hindsight not really sure on what we really passed up on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen you complain about us not signing other bargain basement players from the Bundesliga. I'll find them.

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...=4142&page=158

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...=4142&page=172

Max Meyer and Caglar Soyuncu. Players signed by Crystal Palace on a free transfer and Leicester City and you're having a pop at us for not signing them. Two cheap players that came from the Bundesliga and hardly household names hence their respective clubs. Smacks of hypocrisy don't you think?

You've suggested other players like Draxler, who came from the Bundesliga and currently playing in Ligue 1 which isn't exactly a strong league either and Gelson Martins who came from the Portuguese League! It's a bit of a senseless position to hold and full of contradictions. How did you feel about us signing Torreira from Serie A? That's a piss poor league at the moment. Plenty of holes in this argument. We haven't signed many flops from the German League.
    Max Meyer was available on a free so wasn't really much of a risk, worth a punt for a player who is supposedly very creative, Soyuncu was a player we were linked with, out of those we were linked with he seemed like the best bet to me, if money had been no object I'd have signed someone else believe me, but it seemed money was tight, if it wasn't I'd have wanted us to sign a top CB.

Draxler was a pretty well known talent, again Gelson Martins was free so pretty much no risk for a player with potential, might not have worked out but if you don't pay for him not exactly high risk and given we had little money these names were probably the best bet.

Problem with the players we signed from Germany at the time for me was that we had money to spend and that instead of buying the real deal we wasted it on those duds, Kolasinac was free at least so I'll give him that (but I always knew with Wenger that players we signed would stick around for years and years however bad they were so was always unhappy when we got these supposedly good unknowns, some of the guys are still here like Jenkinson).

Another thing I wasn't keen on in the summer is signing more ageing players, so I prefered us to take a punt on some younger players who make come good and didn't cost the earth given our budget.
    Last edited by Özim; 24-10-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Official Coffee Partner

Football