User Tag List

Page 1108 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 10860810081058109811061107110811091110111811581208 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,080 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Fabregas would be a backward step IMO, we'd be going back to a time of failure, in many ways he represents the start of our period of failure, his integration into the first team coincides with th tippy tappy boring football we started to play and failure to progress, Wenger decided to get rid of all the fighters and winners and replace them with diminutive players like Cesc who like to pass.

I never was a big fan and if I'm honest never rated him that highly so wouldn't really want him back, even on a free.
    I have no idea how you come to such conclusions about Cesc being a tippy tappy player with no fight but not see a similar function in Ozil's role for this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Fabregas is still way more gifted than Ramsey so imagine getting him in for free to replace him? Tempting IMO.

He's got a lot of mileage on the clock though but we'd be getting a fighter and someone who Guendouzi can learn from as well.
    I wish we could turn the clock back for certain players. We'd all hold Cesc and RVP in a much higher regard if not for the poor management of Wenger and how they left the club. It's too late for them now but I wouldn't mind seeing certain players return to right a few wrongs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Fabregas would be a backward step IMO, we'd be going back to a time of failure, in many ways he represents the start of our period of failure, his integration into the first team coincides with th tippy tappy boring football we started to play and failure to progress, Wenger decided to get rid of all the fighters and winners and replace them with diminutive players like Cesc who like to pass.

I never was a big fan and if I'm honest never rated him that highly so wouldn't really want him back, even on a free.
    I don't even know where to begin on this post!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    I don't even know where to begin on this post!
    If there is any logic about how Zim rates players then I have yet to work it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To this day, Fabregas is the best 16 year old I've ever seen play and without any doubt one of the best midfielders I've seen play for the club..... and I am not in the group of people who up until recently had only ever known Wenger as manager. I've rarely watched a player so young and thought Wow......and that was without him scoring a 40 year old screamer or running really fast and all the usual eye catching stuff. His ability was one of the most striking and obvious I've ever seen simply by the way he received the ball, passed the ball, created space and moved into space.

It reminded me of when you ACTUALLY play football and before a player has done anything particularly significant to the actual result or score of a game it's just plainly obvious by virtually his first touch of the ball he is a cut above everybody else on the field. That's Fabregas.

His best days are probably past him but he is a genius of a football player. I remember Luis Aragones (I think it was) saying years ago Fabregas would write golden pages in Spanish football history based on his ability....and the Spanish produce millions of technically savvy players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To this day, Fabregas is the best 16 year old I've ever seen play and without any doubt one of the best midfielders I've seen play for the club..... and I am not in the group of people who up until recently had only ever known Wenger as manager. I've rarely watched a player so young and thought Wow......and that was without him scoring a 40 year old screamer or running really fast and all the usual eye catching stuff. His ability was one of the most striking and obvious I've ever seen simply by the way he received the ball, passed the ball, created space and moved into space.

It reminded me of when you ACTUALLY play football and before a player has done anything particularly significant to the actual result or score of a game it's just plainly obvious by virtually his first touch of the ball he is a cut above everybody else on the field. That's Fabregas.

His best days are probably past him but he is a genius of a football player. I remember Luis Aragones (I think it was) saying years ago Fabregas would write golden pages in Spanish football history based on his ability....and the Spanish produce millions of technically savvy players.
    Love the summary on Fabregas. Especially the part in bold. Even without the goals and assists, he was a class act of a player and an example of how to orchestrate play as a CM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I really say scoring a 40 year old screamer?! Doh!

I thought I was talking about a young Rooney for a moment clearly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I really say scoring a 40 year old screamer?! Doh!

I thought I was talking about a young Rooney for a moment clearly.
    Don't knock 40 year old screamers...
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post

I’ll be one of them next year
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Hey I like me an older woman!