User Tag List

Page 1116 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 11661610161066110611141115111611171118112611661216 ... LastLast
Results 11,151 to 11,160 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems to be happening, looks like our plan to find young talents is disappearing in front of our eyes. Last thing we needed really with money being tight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gazidis left and we were all very blasé about it however this new infrastructure at the club was his creation. The cunt should never have left after implementing such a huge change, this was his vision and he should still be here steering the ship.

You need a leader and a clear direction at the top, now it seems like the work done in the summer has been totally undermined and we are set for unnecessary upheaval.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ivan and whatever his name leaving. Let's me know, Emery
    was not the manager they wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vieira v Henry tomorrow night, Nice v Monaco.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Ivan and whatever his name leaving. Let's me know, Emery
    was not the manager they wanted.
    They were the ones who appointed him though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    They were the ones who appointed him though
    True, they also wanted Arteta which is worrying, only a last ditch change led to them appointing Emery, I find it strange we weren't in the least interested in any of the elite managers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    True, they also wanted Arteta which is worrying, only a last ditch change led to them appointing Emery, I find it strange we weren't in the least interested in any of the elite managers.
    or maybe the elite managers weren't interested in us. no funds, Europa league football with an imbalances squad. what elite manager would you refer too?

also to be fair to emery he was manager at PSG an "elite" club.

the possibility of Arteta was odd though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    or maybe the elite managers weren't interested in us. no funds, Europa league football with an imbalances squad. what elite manager would you refer too?

also to be fair to emery he was manager at PSG an "elite" club.

the possibility of Arteta was odd though.

I don't think we were interested from the reports we got, we're a big club and a big challenge for anyone, look at Man U for example, they have no problem attracting top managers, even when not in the CL, the funds I guess you may have a point.

Simeone, Zidane are two names that come to mind, there's Allegri of course as well (he apparently wasn't interested but we didn't approach him either looking at the candidates).

He was and so is Tuchel, but neither are elite managers, it's a bit trial and error at PSG, they just try someone different untll they get what they want.

Emerys' record is mixed bag, he did well at Sevilla but they never won the title and was never really challenging for the title and despite winning the Europa League never got anywhere in the CL, at PSG he won titles but to be honest that's a gimme at that club as they buy all the best players from their competitors, I thought he did a decent job overall but he PSG came 2nd in the CL group with us in it which is frankly pretty poor, then there was Barca debacle.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I think in Gazidis’ plan, he didn’t want a ‘top’ manger in charge again in case he lost his newfound ‘power to rule’ in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    I think in Gazidis’ plan, he didn’t want a ‘top’ manger in charge again in case he lost his newfound ‘power to rule’ in the future.
    I agree i think the Wenger experience drove them towards someone who'd work with what he is - or isn't - given and not complain, so we've got a europa-level manager who's not got the stature to get the respect of some players - remember he spent his time at PSG having run-ins with Neymar and whatever the ego problem with the player he was a big investment and maybe Emery should have been more accomodating, just he should be including Ozil in the team now IMO, as i and others have said it's not working without Ozil so we need him in the side, as he's going nowhere