User Tag List

Page 1131 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 13163110311081112111291130113111321133114111811231 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,310 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    30 years, though?
    Shit I’m old!
    Won’t be long before we’re watching players who weren’t even alive when the invincibles won the league!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Wasn’t even close, apparently - got nearly half the vote on his own! Your squad really needs to take a long, hard look when a loanee sweeps your end of year awards...
    Played in midfield though, as a defender he's isn't much kop, hopefully we can sell him and raise some money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Played in midfield though, as a defender he's isn't much kop, hopefully we can sell him and raise some money.
    Yeah, that’s what’s making me think he might be worth another look? I’m not interested in him as a CB (or, God forbid, a fullback!), but I would be reluctant to give up a second, genuinely-decent defensive midfielder, if we’ve somehow managed to end up with one without even trying (especially after it took us about a decade to find Torreira).

Don’t get me wrong, he is on my list of players that I’d happily listen to offers for, if someone came in with good money. But if we manage to raise funds through other departures first then I’d also be ok with giving him a go as competition / cover for Torrrira.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having said all that, I’d also like to have a proper look at Bielik in an Arsenal shirt, who also plays DM and CB. I know he’s only been playing league 1 football this year, but he looks like a powerful player: big, aggressive (in a good way), positive with his play, really eats up the yards when opens his stride...

Either player could be a good option for us, if we want the flexibility to switch between 2 and 3 at the back, so maybe it makes more sense to cash in on Chambers and keep the Polish lad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won’t be long before we’re watching players who weren’t even alive when the invincibles won the league!
    Less of that please...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having said all that, I’d also like to have a proper look at Bielik in an Arsenal shirt, who also plays DM and CB. I know he’s only been playing league 1 football this year, but he looks like a powerful player: big, aggressive (in a good way), positive with his play, really eats up the yards when opens his stride...

Either player could be a good option for us, if we want the flexibility to switch between 2 and 3 at the back, so maybe it makes more sense to cash in on Chambers and keep the Polish lad?
    I heard Bielik's been doing pretty well, so we should see if he's worth a try

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    Less of that please...
    40 this year, buddy - feeling old and grumpy. Youths, everywhere!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I heard Bielik's been doing pretty well, so we should see if he's worth a try
    Honestly, I don’t think we can afford to overlook any potential asset or resource right now - even if we ultimately end up passing on them, everyone should at least be up for consideration.

We know that we’re definitely losing 4 senior players for nothing this summer (Ramsey, Cech, Welbeck and Lichsteiner), and Elneny will almost certainly be going, likely for a nominal fee.

I think there’s a good chance that one (or both) of Koscielny and Monreal might ask for moves - again, we’re probably looking at nominal fees there (or perhaps we can use them as makeweights in part-x deals, if we’re lucky).

And the club also sound absolutely desperate to offload Özil and a Mkhitaryan - in all honesty it might be impossible to ditch those two, but if we can somehow manage to find buyers then we’re probably going to have to give them away for next to nothing because of their wage demands.

That’s 5-9 members of the senior squad who could all potentially depart without really adding much to our already meagre budget. Sure, we could add to that budget through further sales, but every further player that leaves will add another 1 to the already long list of replacements required. I just don’t see how we get it all done without at least some of the solutions coming from the younger players and loanees?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what is going to happen with the Rabiot situation, but aside from that, I wouldn't be against us signing another energetic tactically astute midfielder of a good age out of Italy. Outside of Juventus, the wages are relatively low too so any offer we make would be tempting for most players. I think outside of Conaldo's wages Dybala is the top earner on about 115/120 a week. Nicolo Barella looks a good player? (On something like 28K euros a week)

I think we just bring in somebody competent as the reserve keeper. Not too worried about that it. If Wan-Bisakka were left footed I'd be breaking the bank to bring him in but oh well.

I think we go big on a major source of goals....a real difference maker..... ie a wide player....Pepe style.

I don't envisage us being able to move on Ozil and we may well be stuck with Mhki too unless PSG do us a favour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With either Mikhi or Ozil we would have to pay at least 60% of their wages if we could find clubs to take them. Turkey or US major league could take Ozil off our hands. He may like the idea of pairing up with his old mate Justin Bieber in LA. Mikhi still wants to play football. Could we persuade the Hammers?. They usually like our rejects and their manager Pelegrini might be able to coax consistent performances off him. I would replace them with the Atleti guy Partey, and hopefully Rabiot. Gettind rid of Mikhi and Ozil, dumping Xhaka to the bench is the only way we can improve our midfield, Bielik and Chambers to replace El Neny.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day