User Tag List

Page 1133 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 13363310331083112311311132113311341135114311831233 ... LastLast
Results 11,321 to 11,330 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Xhaka is one of the first names on the team sheet. He isn't going anywhere.

Sadly.
    You're probably right, that's one thing that's putting me off Emery a bit, he seems to value player as average as Xhaka and doesn't seem to have spotted the fact he's been a bit of a liability.

We can't move forward as a team with players like him in the team, he's just not good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    If we hand Valencia another 35m, they might take him back
    Whoever sold us Mustafi, and got actual cash money for him - that’s who we should hire to do our deals for us. The guy’s s f**king genius!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    You're probably right, that's one thing that's putting me off Emery a bit, he seems to value player as average as Xhaka and doesn't seem to have spotted the fact he's been a bit of a liability.

We can't move forward as a team with players like him in the team, he's just not good enough.
    Difficult to say really, as there’s no one else to challenge him in the DLP role - he kind of gets the nod by default at the moment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Difficult to say really, as there’s no one else to challenge him in the DLP role - he kind of gets the nod by default at the moment...
    Whilst that's true, if he didn't rate him then this summer would he'd be trying to get rid, he's probably cost of more points than most players this season. The feeling seems to be that Emery quite likes him, I could accept Wenger rated him as frankly he didn't seem to have a clue what made a good footballer in his latter days, but for a new manager to rate him is pretty shocking IMO seeing as he's such a liability.

I think that's been my biggest disappointment with Emery so far, he doesn't seem to spot a bad player as well as he should and that's not good news.

He needs to make big changes this summer in defence and midfield, the midfield is really average aside from Torreira and potentially Guendouzi we have noone (Ozil has ability but it's not working for him here for one reason or another). Mhkitaryan, Xhaka, Iwobi, Elneny are not good enough, Ramsey is leaving and AMN has been disappointing thus far. Nelson will be on positive addition and ESR faded somewhat in th 2nd half of the season (due to injuries and lack of play) so not sure he will feature.

Mustafi, Jenkinson, Xhaka, Mkhitatyan, Monreal, Elneny should be sold and Cech, Ramsey and Welbeck are gone. Iwobi I wouldn't be against selling as the guy has no end product and of course Koscielny is getting on.

There's a lot surgery to do, there's too many average players, but Xhaka and Mustafi are two players who have to be sold IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone seen the article in the sun where Cech says we don’t hate losing “enough” compared to Chelsea. I think he makes some really good points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever sold us Mustafi, and got actual cash money for him - that’s who we should hire to do our deals for us. The guy’s s f**king genius!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFC Leveller View Post
    Anyone seen the article in the sun where Cech says we don’t hate losing “enough” compared to Chelsea. I think he makes some really good points.
    You mean like he didn't hate losing 5-1 to bayern and had a laugh with their team afterwards?

He can f**k offf IMO, we should be playing leno
    Last edited by Mac76; 28-05-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably. He’ll be way at the bottom of any ‘for sale’ list we have (if he’s even on it at all), but I do think there’s a scenario where we might sell, e.g. if we need to raise money and he’s the only one of our players that we receive a good offer for.

I don’t think we’ll actively look to sell him though, so if I had to bet I’d say he’ll still be here next year...
    I see the problem as twofold. I think we won't look to sell true..... but equally I don't think there's anybody who will want to buy for a fee we would be willing to accept. The ones who could easily offer a big fee will be looking for better anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    He grifted us good! You can only admire the audacity of it, really.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 29-05-2019 at 06:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMatthews View Post
    We still need to remain a cohesive unit and too many changes in the squad can easily have a detrimental effect. Understandably, fans want all the changes to happen at once, but it just can't happen. I'd be happy to keep Xhaka as a back-up, squad player. Also, from Mustafi's recent interview with Kicker:
    I’m all for stability and continuity when we’re talking about selectively building on a established side and a proven system, but I don’t think we’ve got a great deal to worry about in that respect just yet - we’re still very much a WIP, and are still very much working out who we are and how we want to play.

The cohesion we’ve found as a unit all seems to be built on a shape and system that we’re unlikely to persist with next season, and I have major doubts over whether many of our current players will be able to adapt to anything different - as soon as we stop playing a 3-man defence with wing backs and a traditional no. 10 I think a lot of players will instantly look like square pegs in round holes again, and much of that cohesion will evaporate anyway.

Plus the overwhelming vibe I’m getting from the guys at the top (the owners, the CEO and the MD) is that cuts have to happen, regardless of what it means for stability. Ramsey, Welbeck and Cech are definitely going and I think we can assume that Lichsteiner and Elneny are toast - those are all decisions that have been made before we even know if we’ll have CL income next year, so it looks like someone there is doing the math and working out where we’re not getting value for money. I really can’t see it stopping at those five - perhaps it will stop short of double-figures, but I would be surprised if we didn’t see at least a couple more departures from the senior squad.

Xhaka I agree will probably stay - he’s nowhere near the worst offender, and we’re already losing 2 CMs, so wages and space have already been freed up there. Mustafi might be in the firing line though? Emery is on record as saying he wants a new CB this summer and no one had departed from that area yet?