User Tag List

Page 1153 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 15365310531103114311511152115311541155116312031253 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,530 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Proudness of London.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, I'm looking forward to a pint of London Proudness later...

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our self-sustaining model is posting losses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50700719

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Our self-sustaining model is posting losses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50700719

The Premier League club says average annual profit club from player sales over the past five seasons, including 2019-20, is £34m.
    Can that be right? It's an epic scandal if true. I don't think that can be right.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember many years ago people saying we shouldn't spend because we could be the new Leeds, the irony is that we're much closer to that now thanks to the owners, to think some people supported this guy over Usmanov, unbelievable really.

We now can't buy a win, we're probably the worst team in the league on form and even the relegation candidates fancy their chances against us and actually end up unlucky when they don't win, we're dropping down the table, we've deferred a load of payments when we bought players last summer which will affect any spending going forward and really required us to qualify for the CL which seems very unlikely now unless we miraculously win the EL.

We've got a number of players who aren't even Championship quality which we'll struggle to shift, our top players are on the verge of walking away with us unlikely to be able to replace them with the same quality due to the amount of time left on their contract and on top of that, after years keeping hold of Wenger before getting rid of him far too late, we added insult to injury by keeping Emery on too long as well and have now left a guy in charge with no experience who clearly is out of his depth with no sign of a new manager in sight and if you believe what you hear we can't afford a decent manager so will end up with someone like Arteta, this despite Wenger getting paid a huge amount when he was here and regularly getting pay rises for being 2nd rate and achieving nothing.

With the latest financial results the club value will probably drop like a stone, this is great news because hopefully it will encourage the owner to sell up before he loses more of his investment, so there's hope we might have a chance of getting a new owner some time, if not this club is likely to end up in the abyss, how the mighty have fallen, on reflection the stadium move appears to have been a poison chalice, it stopped Abramhovic considering buying us and meant we were bought out by a guy who has no interest in football or indeed Arsenal other than financially and even with that he doesn't seem to concerned about running the club into the ground.

This is probably one of the worst run clubs in football, which considering for years we've preached about how we were morally superior is very ironic, let this be a lesson to anyone who buys a football team on how not to run a club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically right.
    Which is what I've been saying for years.
    Whatever you think of Wenger, Emery or any other manager, our owners are a massively limiting factor.
    We used to be a very well run club, now we are very poorly run.
    I don't think you can say the stadium move was a mistake though, most clubs are moving, expanding or looking to. It was the only way we could really generate the money we need to attempt to compete in the modern game. There are a few factors in us failing to do so but that isn't one of them IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Stadium move was absolutely the right thing to do. Without question.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Basically right.
    Which is what I've been saying for years.
    Whatever you think of Wenger, Emery or any other manager, our owners are a massively limiting factor.
    We used to be a very well run club, now we are very poorly run.
    I don't think you can say the stadium move was a mistake though, most clubs are moving, expanding or looking to. It was the only way we could really generate the money we need to attempt to compete in the modern game. There are a few factors in us failing to do so but that isn't one of them IMO.
    For me the stadium was a sense that at the time Abramhovic was looking at clubs to buy and he didn't consider us due to the stadium debt and also in a sense that it encouraged someone like Kroenke who was effectively only interested in profit to invest, he clearly liked the look of the figures at the time. If we had a decent ownver/investor prior to buidling the stadium it might have been different but the fact we didn't brought about this scenario.

From what we've heard about his American franchises though, Kroenke doesn't seem overly concerned about running them into the ground (odd for someone who cares about finances) which is a worry right now, we know he knows nothing about football and actually have little interest in us, it seems we're happy to wait to find a new manager right now, the trouble is sometimes with these bad runs of form it's very very hard to get out of them and the longer they go on the harder it becomes, the Aubameyang news won't help morale either, we need to turn this around and quickly IMO before we end up in real relegation trouble and with the players we have who would want to bet their house on us surviving.

The only way to do that right now is get rid of all the backroom staff and bring in a top manager with a completely fresh approach and hope the players respond to it, not a popular choice of course but Mourinho would have been perfect for that IMO, now we have to hope we get someone like Simeone or Allegri.
    Last edited by Özim; 07-12-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree we have to get in a top manager ASAP. I was pleased when they got rid of Emery - I think he deserved a chance to improve things this season, the end of last season was a disappointment but there were some tentative signs of improvement, to sack him would have been harsh. But what's weird is they seem to have sacked him without any plan for who to get next. If so then that's nuts. So now we're left with someone with no managerial experience trying to steer us out of trouble. What a mess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everton with the new manager bounce yesterday. Our useless wankers couldn't even give the fans that.

I always hated playing Monday nights but at the moment it's quite nice not having my weekend ruined.