User Tag List

Page 1169 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 16966910691119115911671168116911701171117912191269 ... LastLast
Results 11,681 to 11,690 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    If the government expect the peak of the virus to hit in April/May, I'm not sure how the season can be safely concluded. I guess the Euro's will have to be postponed too, though I'm still holding out slight hope for that because I have tickets for 2 matches.
    I thought the Euros were already postponed?

BBC really is fake news. Yesterday they said the Aussie GP was called off. But it still seems to be going ahead.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I thought the Euros were already postponed?

BBC really is fake news. Yesterday they said the Aussie GP was called off. But it still seems to be going ahead.
    The Australian GP is cancelled from what I can tell:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...O6T0MGoO7.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBC

Triggered Trumpist Tory Boomers
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    BBC
    Wrong. They announced it hours before the decision was made.

But then again, the BBC has a bit of a track record of announcing things that haven't quite happened yet.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    BBC

Triggered Trumpist Tory Boomers
    No requirement for "Trumpists" or Torys to be triggered by anything is there? Considering the win, win. Other way around isn't it? RUSSIA! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!

Like the Boomers thing. Whatever ailments affecting Boomers, being a Millennial isn't one of them. Which is as good as a clean bill of health.

Lost, lost, millennial - ain't good, is it? Batting zero there bud.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Wrong. They announced it hours before the decision was made.
    Did they, though? I seriously doubt it. They might well have had an article saying it was being considered
    Dude, come on. First you claimed the BBC was "fake news" because they said something was cancelled when it wasn't.
    Now when it's been pointed out to you that it is indeed cancelled you're just making stuff up rather than conceding that on this occasion they got something right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they, though? I seriously doubt it. They might well have had an article saying it was being considered
    Dude, come on. First you claimed the BBC was "fake news" because they said something was cancelled when it wasn't.
    Now when it's been pointed out to you that it is indeed cancelled you're just making stuff up rather than conceding that on this occasion they got something right.
    Doubt it all you want, it doesn't change anything. They ran a headline that stated, "Called Off." If you think I'd be petty enough to make that up just for the sake on an argument on the Internet, then you've mistaken me for you. Why would I have even mentioned it at the time if I hadn't seen the article? The BBC is exactly the same clickbait trash as all the other repeater mouthpieces out there. But even if I had accused them unfairly in this case (which I haven't), it's just one example, isn't it? They still haven't corrected all their bullshit lies about the alleged, now confirmed as fake, chemical attacks in Syria, for example. They haven't retracted any of their lies about Assange. Two examples form countless many over the years. And yet they still masquerade as a news service. And plenty take them for just that. Very, very dangerous during a time when facts and truth are essential.

12 March - https://web.archive.org/web/20200312...mula1/51849163
    Changed without mention to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51849163
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 13-03-2020 at 04:19 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one from yesterday says

The Australian Grand Prix has been called off, two senior Formula 1 sources have told BBC Sport.

There has been no official confirmation from F1 or governing body the FIA but the news follows a McLaren team member testing positive for coronavirus
    The headline does maybe deserve some inverted commas but they are reporting what they heard and state quite clearly that it hadn't been officially announced.

I'm not saying they are perfect but they are far from the worst when it comes to "fake news". And this isn't even an example of it, they got it right on this occasion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one from yesterday says

The headline does maybe deserve some inverted commas but they are reporting what they heard and state quite clearly that it hadn't been officially announced.

I'm not saying they are perfect but they are far from the worst when it comes to "fake news". And this isn't even an example of it, they got it right on this occasion.
    Wrong again. This headline appeared on their sports home page in the Breaking section, just the headline with an image. I read it, thought damn, no race, posted it here as there was a thread going on it. Fake news clickbait. Maybe they covered their arse in the actual article, but it's typical media. And yes, the are by far the worst when it comes to fake news. There have even been studies around the Iraq war that showed them as the most unreliable, pro-war source from all of the mainstream sources.

Now you could say I was stupid to read their shit in the first place, considering I take them to fake news (which they are). I'd accept that criticism as valid. But not bullshit about making shit up just to win the Internets.
    Für eure Sicherheit