User Tag List

Page 1172 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 17267210721122116211701171117211731174118212221272 ... LastLast
Results 11,711 to 11,720 of 13837

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It resumes on April 3 if everything doesn't go to hell before that. So the season may get played out. Not sure why people are calling for titles to be awarded or seasons to be voided at this stage.
    What is going to change for the better between now and then? That date is arbitrary....merely thinking time before actually then going and voiding the season. Liverpool CANNOT be awarded it without doing it first. No matter how probable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    What is going to change for the better between now and then? That date is arbitrary....merely thinking time before actually then going and voiding the season. Liverpool CANNOT be awarded it without doing it first. No matter how probable.
    We don't know what's going to happen between now and then. Things are different day by day. This is one decision that doesn't have to be taken hastily. F1 can stop a race early and award points and declare a winner. It's not an unprecedented concept. Liverpool needed 3 more points from 10 games. Of course they have won it. It's the most certain title win in decades, beyond all reasonable doubt. They'd literally have to lose all their games and the gypos pick up maximum points.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't exactly know, but we know basically through science the global situation will be worse. I think the minimum that can happen is for the games to be played till a mathematical champion is crowned but I don't think it can happen before that. F1 has its own precedents sure but a different sense of operation and governing given the nature of the sport it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink 1nce Quince 2wice View Post
    We don't exactly know, but we know basically through science the global situation will be worse. I think the minimum that can happen is for the games to be played till a mathematical champion is crowned but I don't think it can happen before that. F1 has its own precedents sure but a different sense of operation and governing given the nature of the sport it is.
    Could turn out that nobody will care that much anyway. This might become an infinitesimally small consideration as the days unfold. People didn't care much about results after Hillsborough, Heysel or Bradford.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arseblog got Cesc on the podcast.

A good listen. Says he left because the recruitment was poor and that only RVP and Nasri were on his level. Also confirms we passed on re-signing him in 2014 after he wanted to join. Apparently Xabi Alonso was desperate to sign for us in 2009 but we didn’t pursue it.

https://arseblog.com/2020/03/episode-570-cesc-fabregas/
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 24-03-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51997438

In your face, Henry. I'd argue he was the best player on the planet when he played for us.
    And that old duffer Bergkamp not even on the list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51997438

In your face, Henry. I'd argue he was the best player on the planet when he played for us.
    And that old duffer Bergkamp not even on the list
    John Terry? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Giggs was the longest serving ABOVE AVERAGE player. But he played for the right club, so he's in for sure.

Shearer, hard to disagree tbf. Certainly the most prolific striker in the PL era.

Best player? That's incredibly easy. Thierry Henry. Dennis came close (and was better in some aspects), Cantona was a remarkable player (and a massive arsehole), but Henry was the best all around.

But he played for the wrong club.

I mean seriously, who are they trying to fool? Can you imagine if Henry had played for Utd? There would literally be a third branch of Christianity packing out the churches.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next year Rooney and Rooney I suppose?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rooney scored some of the greatest goals witnessed by mankind. Fact