User Tag List

Page 1175 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 17567510751125116511731174117511761177118512251275 ... LastLast
Results 11,741 to 11,750 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do love the bruised banana shirt. I bought this years away kit because of it. First one I’ve bought in years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-look-21873905

Wenger autobiography coming out later this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christmas List

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-look-21873905

Wenger autobiography coming out later this year.
    He always said he could write a book about his time here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal players the first agreeing to a pay cut (apparently) - assuming it's true, then...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52322495

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will each reportedly earn £500,000 for winning the 2021 Champions League or £100,000 for the Europa League.
    So they'll be earning... £0 then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Arsenal players the first agreeing to a pay cut (apparently) - assuming it's true, then...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52322495
    Why is it they are taking pay cuts again? To ease the burden on the club, or in solidarity with everyone else who is fucked? If Kroenke is determined to support the club through this challenging time (shame he couldn't support other challenges like a realistic title bid), then why are the players taking pay cuts? I thought the players taking cuts was because all non-playing staff were in the process of being shafted. But as that has now been reversed, and the club is apparently stable, not sure why the cuts are necessary now. I mean I think their wages should be cut by 99% permanently, seeing how shite most of them are. But this looks like a gesture more than anything else. One that hardly makes any difference at all.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok the kroenkes could bailout the club completely for a bit but maybe this is about a longer-term suatainability for the club, let's face it the whole of football will have to realign a bit with reality due to all the lost matchday income and i suspect some TV money lost, and the effects on fans' income will impact on ticket sales for next season and maybe longer-term

It's what we'd all like to see isn't it so if this is a step towards it then fine

Also it makes us look even better than clubs like spuds and liverpool so that's another plus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Ok the kroenkes could bailout the club completely for a bit but maybe this is about a longer-term suatainability for the club, let's face it the whole of football will have to realign a bit with reality due to all the lost matchday income and i suspect some TV money lost, and the effects on fans' income will impact on ticket sales for next season and maybe longer-term

It's what we'd all like to see isn't it so if this is a step towards it then fine

Also it makes us look even better than clubs like spuds and liverpool so that's another plus
    Is it a permanent cut? As in, that's their new salary? Wouldn't want to be Arteta 15 seconds after the all-clear. The queue of agents outside his door will be ferocious.

I'm not criticising them for doing it. But if it's a gesture of solidarity then take 80% or £2.5k a month, like everyone else. Even, then they have a few million spare down the back of the sofa. But that would be a real gesture as opposed to a token one.

I hope they don't make too much of a play of it because it's hardly a big deal.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Is it a permanent cut? As in, that's their new salary? Wouldn't want to be Arteta 15 seconds after the all-clear. The queue of agents outside his door will be ferocious.

I'm not criticising them for doing it. But if it's a gesture of solidarity then take 80% or £2.5k a month, like everyone else. Even, then they have a few million spare down the back of the sofa. But that would be a real gesture as opposed to a token one.

I hope they don't make too much of a play of it because it's hardly a big deal.
    well if it's tied to performance next season then i guess the answer is 'yes' it's permanent, as they're basically restructuring the wages

i heard that the players initially rejected the proposal but i think that was prior to the executivee also agreeing to pay cuts (though i suspect those aren't permanent... especially if they are at a level of c33%)