User Tag List

Page 1176 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 17667610761126116611741175117611771178118612261276 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,760 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    well if it's tied to performance next season then i guess the answer is 'yes' it's permanent, as they're basically restructuring the wages

i heard that the players initially rejected the proposal but i think that was prior to the executivee also agreeing to pay cuts (though i suspect those aren't permanent... especially if they are at a level of c33%)
    If it's tied to performance they're going to end up owing the club millions.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the reduced value would still not be sustainable if this goes on for say the whole of this year remaining. No footballer should earn more than 100k pw, its ridiculous and no season ticket should cost more than £500. It will be a whole new world after this virus abates, or at least it should be. People will reassess their life priorities. Football had become a runaway snowball in the last 20 years getting bigger as it heads towards distingration at the bottom of the hill..
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bubble was bound to burst at some point
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    No footballer should earn more than 100k..
    None of them should be earning anything like that much.
    I saw debates about Saka’s contract on FB where some people were shaking their head that we were “only” offering him £20k a week, or whatever it was.

We are talking, remember, about an 18 year old who has achieved nothing in the game.
    Lots of potential, obviously, but still.
    It’s been crazy for decades. Hopefully all this will see a big readjustment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    no season ticket should cost more than £500. ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The house of cards was always going to come crashing down.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’d have thought so although who knew it would take a global pandemic?
    Even then while I’d like to think this whole situation will change things, my gut feel is that by this time next year, probably even late this year, things will pretty much be back as they were.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Even then while I’d like to think this whole situation will change things, my gut feel is that by this time next year, probably even late this year, things will pretty much be back as they were.
    In general i don't think people's behaviours will change much, but i wonder if football might have to adjust a bit, after all it's a fact people will have less money in general and it could affect ticket sales

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    It might not change so much next year but i think when the next TV deal is up for negotiation, that’ll be a key sign as to the future.

If over the next two years, sky BT etc. All see a drop in subscribers, then they wont be paying such large amounts for it. Other companies such as amazon may no longer have the spare cash to spend on football after this pandemic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently it's 2 years to the day since Wenger announced he was leaving Arsenal.

Sorry N_Q that you can't have a street party but I hope you'll enjoy the day regardless.