User Tag List

Page 1179 of 1381 FirstFirst ... 17967910791129116911771178117911801181118912291279 ... LastLast
Results 11,781 to 11,790 of 13805

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Ozil earns 350K a week? That's a piss in a bucket in this age of wealth inequity.
    Ozil’s relationship is with the fans.
    The fans don’t care that other people might earn more money than him.
    As you have noted, they pay his wages. (I say “them” as I’ve long since stopped going to games or subscribing to sports channels so I’m not contributing much if at all).
    Some of them make sacrifices to do so.
    To a lot of fans £1,000 a year or more - plus all the travel, etc - is a significant amount of money.

I don’t know or care if Bill Gates has taken a pay cut (does he even take a salary now?)
    If he was earning millions and being asked to and refused then I’d probably think he was being a dick too, but pointing at other people and saying “well what about them” is the definition of whataboutism.
    It’s not valid. You can’t excuse person A’s behaviour by pointing out that person B is also behaving badly or even worse.

If your point is why is Ozil being particularly singled out, well that’s a fair question but I guess it’s because he’s been a target for fan criticism for a while and is our higher earner. It makes a better headline than if it was someone less high profile.
    So I guess I vaguely agree that singling him out is unfair.
    But I also think he’s being a dick if he is refusing to take a 15% pay cut. Which doesn’t mean other people aren’t also being dicks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No business can survive on the basis of money going out and nothing coming in. The company Can dip into its savings, but for how long. We all know the balance of the Arsenal accounts and last I read, the surplus was not that much. Something has to give, the players are basically being paid to do nothing except not eat burgers. Salaries have to be cut. They are the bulk of footballs expenses.

Feel sorry for the Spuds (not). Huge mortgage, just started kicking in with no revenue to support it. Hope they go under...but then again why lose out on so much fun ribbing a club that no longer exist. Good thing they were kicked out of the CL before all this otherwise they would be claiming they were odds on to win it, based on nothing really.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's get real about it for a minute, Ozil's relationship is with the club not the fans. It has been a long time since any of these players were down in the local boozing it up with fans. They might as well have been playing behind glass since the PL began. The gap between the fans and the fantasy footballer has grown wider every year.

The club have come to Ozil, who they have a contract with, and said hey, we're in shit, can you help bail us out? Stitching together the common pieces of the sensationalised media coverage it appears as if Ozil has said, okay, show me the numbers. Then we'll talk.

The fans have all been whipped up by the media to demand Ozil, and every other player with a contract, simply says sure, cut my wages. As a virtue signalling publicity stunt that might be the smart move. As a decision for a multi-millionaire businessman, like the others I previously mentioned, it might not be a smart move. Depends on the numbers. Depends on what is agent is telling him, and his accountant, and his lawyer, and whoever else he has in his entourage that manages these things.

It's just another super dumb, fake news story by the mainstream media. AGAIN. Stripped of context. Turned into a witch-hunt. Clickbait. A "scoop" from a piece of shit you'd wipe from your shoe, leaked by a rat who should be the real focus of the story. Arsenal says this will be settled in 48 hours and they have announced the 12.5% pay cut. So in 48 hours there will be a factual story to report. A nice window for the fake news media to stir the pot and drag up old hatreds they've had since day one.

Ozil and "two other players". It gives the game away. Think back on the other fake bullshit they thrown at Ozil in the past.

If Ozil and "two other players" reach agreement in the next 48 hours, which it sounds like they will, then Ozil and "two other players" plus the rest of the squad will be the first PL team to take a cut. And the other clubs? Are there "two other players" in any of those clubs who aren't keen? From a whole league they've settled on Ozil and Arsenal, who will likely be the FIRST to take the cut.

Reminds me a bit of CNNs fake smear of Elon Musk last week. They spread their shit, cause grief and division and then move on to the next pile of garbage to dig through.

And if Kroenke is supporting the club, has he got his wallet out yet? Maybe that's what Ozil wants to see? Maybe we would all like to see that?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's get real about it for a minute, Ozil's relationship is with the club not the fans. It has been a long time since any of these players were down in the local boozing it up with fans. They might as well have been playing behind glass since the PL began. The gap between the fans and the fantasy footballer has grown wider every year.?
    True, but the fans still have a relationship with the players even if it is more at arms length than it was in days of yore.
    I think (see the Metro article above) you've called this one right.
    Looks like Ozil is still sorting out the details but isn't against the principle of taking a cut. So I was a bit premature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So I was a bit premature.
    That's what she said
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is starting to bounce back on Piers Morgan. Rightfully so. But not that he'll give a shit because for him, all publicity is good publicity. Soak it up and move on to the next cunning stunt.

Anyone know the name of the "journalist" who first broke this shite? He/she/it/fudgebrownie needs to be called out.

And all the Arsenal lot who were spewing on Twatter. I can't believe what a cesspit that place is. With this CCP virus on the loose I've been forced to use Twatter and Faceboot because, for some bonkers reason, that's what most people are using. FB seems okay provided you stick to your group and don't wander into is labyrinth of sewers. But Twatter is one giant sewer form end to end with no respite. It doesn't have a single redeeming quality.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This whole thing has shown where the balance of power lies these days.
    The clubs are having to negotiate with the players to stop driving trucks of money to their houses every week despite them not being able to do their job right now.
    Even then, it’s only the size of truck they’re negotiating about, the trucks will still come.

Back in the day they’d have been furloughed.
    They were employees and their employer, the club, called the shots.
    Further back they didn’t even get paid in the summer because they weren’t working.

This power shift where the clubs are clearly shit scared of their players is part of all that is wrong in football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also has Piers Morgan taken a pay cut? I genuinely don't know. But if he hasn't then he urgently needs to shoot himself in the face.
    he's needed to do that anyway for a very, very, very long time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's get real about it for a minute, Ozil's relationship is with the club not the fans. It has been a long time since any of these players were down in the local boozing it up with fans. They might as well have been playing behind glass since the PL began. The gap between the fans and the fantasy footballer has grown wider every year.

The club have come to Ozil, who they have a contract with, and said hey, we're in shit, can you help bail us out? Stitching together the common pieces of the sensationalised media coverage it appears as if Ozil has said, okay, show me the numbers. Then we'll talk.

The fans have all been whipped up by the media to demand Ozil, and every other player with a contract, simply says sure, cut my wages. As a virtue signalling publicity stunt that might be the smart move. As a decision for a multi-millionaire businessman, like the others I previously mentioned, it might not be a smart move. Depends on the numbers. Depends on what is agent is telling him, and his accountant, and his lawyer, and whoever else he has in his entourage that manages these things.

It's just another super dumb, fake news story by the mainstream media. AGAIN. Stripped of context. Turned into a witch-hunt. Clickbait. A "scoop" from a piece of shit you'd wipe from your shoe, leaked by a rat who should be the real focus of the story. Arsenal says this will be settled in 48 hours and they have announced the 12.5% pay cut. So in 48 hours there will be a factual story to report. A nice window for the fake news media to stir the pot and drag up old hatreds they've had since day one.

Ozil and "two other players". It gives the game away. Think back on the other fake bullshit they thrown at Ozil in the past.

If Ozil and "two other players" reach agreement in the next 48 hours, which it sounds like they will, then Ozil and "two other players" plus the rest of the squad will be the first PL team to take a cut. And the other clubs? Are there "two other players" in any of those clubs who aren't keen? From a whole league they've settled on Ozil and Arsenal, who will likely be the FIRST to take the cut.

Reminds me a bit of CNNs fake smear of Elon Musk last week. They spread their shit, cause grief and division and then move on to the next pile of garbage to dig through.

And if Kroenke is supporting the club, has he got his wallet out yet? Maybe that's what Ozil wants to see? Maybe we would all like to see that?
    Can't believe i'm going to say this but