User Tag List

Page 1184 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 18468410841134117411821183118411851186119412341284 ... LastLast
Results 11,831 to 11,840 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Arsenal 2-3 Brentford.

Willock and Lacazette with our goals.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/friendl...d-match-report
    i had to read that twice to take the score in...

not too bad a starting lineup apart from Mustafi: Leno; Bellerin, Mustafi, Pablo Mari, Tierney; Willock, Ceballos, Saka; Pepe, Nketiah, Aubameyang

but no Xhaka anywhere, even on the bench - don't tell me our dreams have come true and he's gone, or at least long-term injured?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like all of their goals came in the last 20, after we'd made 5 changes at half time, and another 6 subs on 60 minutes - I'm guessing the team that finished the game was a bit of a mishmash of players getting minutes in their legs?

Worrying that a lot of the same players are still making individual errors with City up next, but I don't suppose there's much to be done with them now, other than ship them out asap. Hopefully useful for confirming to Arteta who he can rely on and who's still a liability, if nothing else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    i had to read that twice to take the score in...

not too bad a starting lineup apart from Mustafi: Leno; Bellerin, Mustafi, Pablo Mari, Tierney; Willock, Ceballos, Saka; Pepe, Nketiah, Aubameyang

but no Xhaka anywhere, even on the bench - don't tell me our dreams have come true and he's gone, or at least long-term injured?
    Xhaka must be struggling with a knock, hasn't been involved in either friendly I don't think.

I am guessing this will be close to our starting line up against City as Mikel will want to use the players with the most minutes over the two friendlies. Suspect Luiz will start over Mari, and another midfielder (Guendouzi?) brought in with Saka shifting to the left and Auba leading the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Xhaka must be struggling with a knock, hasn't been involved in either friendly I don't think.

I am guessing this will be close to our starting line up against City as Mikel will want to use the players with the most minutes over the two friendlies. Suspect Luiz will start over Mari, and another midfielder (Guendouzi?) brought in with Saka shifting to the left and Auba leading the line.
    I'd prefer Mari stayed in and Mustafi was left out, also would prefer Torreira ahead of Guen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auba won’t come central - moving him left doesn’t seem to make any great difference to his goalscoring output, whereas Laca and Eddie need to play through the middle to be a genuine goal threat (and we desperately need that extra goal threat from somewhere).

I’d like to see Willock get a decent run as an 8 for the rest of this season - I really think him and Smith Rowe would dovetail well in a 3 man midfield next season (although I’m not sure who my choice for midfielder no. 3 would be yet). Really hope those two live up to their potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still not sure about Willock and Laca's form is still suspect - i'd actually go with Nketiah or maybe Martinelli although not sure if that's quite the right position for him - i.e. is he best coming in on goal from the wing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still not sure about Willock and Laca's form is still suspect - i'd actually go with Nketiah or maybe Martinelli although not sure if that's quite the right position for him - i.e. is he best coming in on goal from the wing?
    Yeah, Willock’s still raw, but he’s also only 20, and the first part of this season under Emery didn’t make anyone look good. The season before I thought he looked really promising whenever he came on so I think there’s a player there. At least it looks like there’s goals in him.

What I see in him is an 8 who can push forward as a 10, which is kind of the opposite of what I see in Smith Rowe, ie a 10 who can drop deeper as an 8 (and also play down either flank). Its just a suspicion, but I can see the two of them working really well together.

(I also have a suspicion that the more of those academy grads you play together, the better they’ll get?)

Tbh, I think you’ll get the same job from Martinelli wherever he plays a across the front - really don’t think it would bother him. I’ve seen a lot of people compare him to RvP, but he reminds me more of Suarez n that respect. CF might be a bit of an ask straightaway, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where he ends up - the kid looks like he has it all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, Willock’s still raw, but he’s also only 20, and the first part of this season under Emery didn’t make anyone look good. The season before I thought he looked really promising whenever he came on so I think there’s a player there. At least it looks like there’s goals in him.

What I see in him is an 8 who can push forward as a 10, which is kind of the opposite of what I see in Smith Rowe, ie a 10 who can drop deeper as an 8 (and also play down either flank). Its just a suspicion, but I can see the two of them working really well together.

(I also have a suspicion that the more of those academy grads you play together, the better they’ll get?)

Tbh, I think you’ll get the same job from Martinelli wherever he plays a across the front - really don’t think it would bother him. I’ve seen a lot of people compare him to RvP, but he reminds me more of Suarez n that respect. CF might be a bit of an ask straightaway, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where he ends up - the kid looks like he has it all!
    yes without doubt Martinelli is special - and i agree with your academy grads point - I remember that Emery's most exciting teams to watch were those early-round sides he put out in the EL and League Cup, which had a lot of those younger players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're now saying 'some fans' could be allowed back to games for next season

apart from whether anyone would actually want to go to watch Arsenal at the moment, i think our stadium is big enough to allow for distancing as there are enough entrances and exits for there to be designated routes in and out of the ground and match area, plus people being two seats apart etc

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/oliver...of-next-season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're now saying 'some fans' could be allowed back to games for next season

apart from whether anyone would actually want to go to watch Arsenal at the moment, i think our stadium is big enough to allow for distancing as there are enough entrances and exits for there to be designated routes in and out of the ground and match area, plus people being two seats apart etc

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/oliver...of-next-season
    I would be surprised if that happens, would need to see it happen in Germany first and copy how they do it.