User Tag List

Page 1191 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 19169110911141118111891190119111921193120112411291 ... LastLast
Results 11,901 to 11,910 of 13798

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    55 redundancies. Does that equal 1 Ozil?
    hopefully the redundancies include Mustafi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    55 redundancies which will save us a few million.

In unrelated news...

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/a...navirus-426883

Honestly. Football is so shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    They should make Ozil tell these people to their faces.
    Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As likely as the guy that is worth $10 billion and owns us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Özil needs to fuck off as soon as possible, but this is entirely on the owners and the people running the club, IMO.

I suspect a lot of these redundancies will turn out to be either match-day contractors who no longer have anything to do, or will be down to the restructuring of the scouting / recruitment department that's clearly going on behind the scenes, but the timing is still really shit. Not a good look off the back of securing a load of extra income from European football and details being leaked of a big contract offer to Willian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    agreed that could be the cause of some/all of the redundancies but they should have thought about the PR element more as you say

I've been lenient on the Kroenkes up to now but this is also hard to justfiy given his net worth has risen

"Kroenke’s net worth stands at $8.3bn – which would pay the UK average wage to 55 people for approximately 4,300 years – while the proposed Willian contract is worth a reported £100,000-a-week and £7.5m per year."

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/a...ut-ozil-571989
    Last edited by Mac76; 06-08-2020 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like most of the scouts have been let go.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Seems like most of the scouts have been let go.
    so our signings will be just from Raul's dodgy agent mates - great...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    agreed that could be the cause of some/all of the redundancies but they should have thought about the PR element more as you say

I've been lenient on the Kroenkes up to now but this is also hard to justfiy given his net worth has risen

"Kroenke’s net worth stands at $8.3bn – which would pay the UK average wage to 55 people for approximately 4,300 years – while the proposed Willian contract is worth a reported £100,000-a-week and £7.5m per year."

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/a...ut-ozil-571989
    To try and justify it as an unavoidable measure to maintain investment in the squad was disgusting, and more than a little patronising if they expect anyone to swallow it. I don't know what the saving is from these redundancies, but I doubt it amounts to more than £3m/yr - that isn't making any difference to anything. Frankly, anyone who co-signed that statement owes those people, the fans and the playing staff an apology.

Seriously, what a bizarre statement to make? If they'd just said the club were restructuring the way we scout and recruit then I don't think anyone would have looked into it too much. If they'd said that because crowds won't be allowed back into stadiums any time soon then, regrettably, a number of jobs are now redundant, then I think most people would have understood - it's still shitty news, but I think most people would get that no business is going to pay someone a wage if there's not actually a job there for them to do. But what they've come out with is just stupid. It's a massive PR own goal, and they deserve all the blow-back they get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    so our signings will be just from Raul's dodgy agent mates - great...
    I think that’s actually the strategy now. I read an article that suggested we’ve made a conscious decision to go down a more “contacts based” route, rather than the old school scouting style. More about who you know rather than what you know.

If it means more Martinelli's then great. More players with their best days behind them looking for a last big contract, then no.