User Tag List

Page 1218 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 21871811181168120812161217121812191220122812681318 ... LastLast
Results 12,171 to 12,180 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Apparently for those fans allowed to go to any sporting events, they are not meant to chant, shout, celebrate etc.

How on earth do the government think that will be policed?
    With some difficulty as things stand, although by signing a contract in advance each individual will be providing consent. But the technology exists and is already in use elsewhere that would allow each fan to be identified and carefully monitored for the duration of the event. It's not about how it will be policed, it'll be whether the state has the balls to mass prosecute. That would be risky until other technology arrives that will automatically apply social penalties to an individual's credit score, I understand we'll be calling it an "equity" score over here to avoid nasty associations with China.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    With some difficulty as things stand, although by signing a contract in advance each individual will be providing consent. But the technology exists and is already in use elsewhere that would allow each fan to be identified and carefully monitored for the duration of the event. It's not about how it will be policed, it'll be whether the state has the balls to mass prosecute. That would be risky until other technology arrives that will automatically apply social penalties to an individual's credit score, I understand we'll be calling it an "equity" score over here to avoid nasty associations with China.
    i think they will be fairly safe at the emirates with the home fans "celebrating".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    i think they will be fairly safe at the emirates with the home fans "celebrating".
    We're the control group.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can believe the Star we're thinking of flogging Pepe in the summer, no surprise really

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...nsfer-23084680

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s not great but I would still have him in my starting 11, which tells you how useless our options are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does it take to be "cut out for the premier league"? Being shit and grabbing a lot of cash? He sounds perfectly suited in that case, like all the other frauds plying their trade in tBLitWtbf.

Shittiest league in world football, full of dross. Pepe fits in very well here.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    If you can believe the Star we're thinking of flogging Pepe in the summer, no surprise really

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...nsfer-23084680

There is clearly a talented player in Pepe and I think it is worth giving him a chance. He had a slow start as he adapted to a new league & country and then it all went to shit with Emery’s horrific football. Not exactly the easiest way to settle in to a new club.

Then Arteta turns up and starts giving him a few minutes as a substitute where he doesnt get that much of a chance & then the odd start and expected to be a world beater without much chance to build up form. I say we give him a run of at least five games, tell him he will play every one and to really try & get his form going.

He wont be worse then Willian and when you watch him, at least he tries to attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    There is clearly a talented player in Pepe and I think it is worth giving him a chance. He had a slow start as he adapted to a new league & country and then it all went to shit with Emery’s horrific football. Not exactly the easiest way to settle in to a new club.

Then Arteta turns up and starts giving him a few minutes as a substitute where he doesnt get that much of a chance & then the odd start and expected to be a world beater without much chance to build up form. I say we give him a run of at least five games, tell him he will play every one and to really try & get his form going.

He wont be worse then Willian and when you watch him, at least he tries to attack.
    yes but does he run around enough traffic cones in training?

that's the really important thing here, ask Ozil...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a feeling Arteta has already made his mind up about him. Pepe wasn’t his guy and from the sounds of it the club weren’t even convinced either. It was Raul who went all in on it and that’s why he got the boot.

I think he does have the ability to make a difference though, when he gets it right, it is better than what the majority of our forwards can produce. He’s quite weak on the ball though and I think that’s why he’s out of favour. He’s the kind of player you just want on the end of the attack and not a component of the build up.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 30-11-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Got a feeling Arteta has already made his mind up about him. Pepe wasn’t his guy and from the sounds of it the club weren’t even convinced either. It was Raul who went all in on it and that’s why he got the boot.

I think he does have the ability to make a difference though, when he gets it right, it is better than what the majority of our forwards can produce. He’s quite weak on the ball though and I think that’s why he’s out of favour. He’s the kind of player you just want on the end of the attack and not a component of the build up.
    he's better when the team is breaking quickly - unfortunately we don't do breaking quickly...

it doesn't help that Auba keeps coming back to defend corners instead of staying up the pitch and providing an outlet - that drives me mad it's a simple tactical essential which Arteta should know if he's this tactical genius...