User Tag List

Page 1226 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 22672611261176121612241225122612271228123612761326 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,260 of 13792

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I kinda feel the same happened to Wenger as a manager, over a longer time period.
    He came to England in the era when squads were full of English players and there were drinking schools in clubs.
    His fitness regime and knowledge of the modern game were years ahead of his time. But over the course of a couple of decades people caught up and overtook us and with the billionaires barging in suddenly the whole game moved out and he didn't.
    Ah well.
    Agree there. But then again that is the way of the world I guess. Managers and playershave their time and move on. Would rather have what we have ATM - a manager hopefull on the up - than be Sp*rs...
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.football.london/arsenal-...iving-19946449

Just reading the attached report about Mavs and how well he is playing at Stuggart on loan.

There was much hype about this guy. I remember he played for us at OT in his first season and had a solid game. Unfortunatly, he has missed a lot of playing time through injury.

He is only 23 and seems to be playing well and should get better.

What are your thoughts on him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    https://www.football.london/arsenal-...iving-19946449

Just reading the attached report about Mavs and how well he is playing at Stuggart on loan.

There was much hype about this guy. I remember he played for us at OT in his first season and had a solid game. Unfortunatly, he has missed a lot of playing time through injury.

He is only 23 and seems to be playing well and should get better.

What are your thoughts on him?
    i'd completely forgotten about him but he seems like another talented young player being ignored by Arteta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not entirely written him off yet - he's got all the physical attributes you'd want in a CB, and the fact that he was Mislintat's first recommendation / signing for us is worth a raised eyebrow.

That being said his biggest issue for us (apart from the rawness that you expect of a CB at that age) was fitness - literally one injury after another meant he never really progressed. The way Stuttgart's manager raves about him in that article you'd think he would be one of the first names on the team sheet when available, so the fact that he's only managed 849 minutes of football in the Bundesliga as of Mar 2 makes me think that the injuries must still be an issue?
    Last edited by I am invisible; 04-03-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We obviously had too many centre backs so sending him on loan was the right decision.

Still not convinced he has a future here, but we'll see.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    We obviously had too many centre backs so sending him on loan was the right decision.

Still not convinced he has a future here, but we'll see.
    only too many if you think Luiz should be a starting CB which i don't - i'd rather see him than Xhaka as a DM though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    only too many if you think Luiz should be a starting CB which i don't - i'd rather see him than Xhaka as a DM though
    Luiz is inconsistent - but when on form arguably our best CB. the problem is that every 2/3 starts there will be a massive brain fart from him. Anyways - he's gone at the end of the season so the issue is moot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Gwebbers, it's been a minute. Hope you are all doing okay apart from our jekyll and hyde team.

Over a decade ago, who on here made the following comment:

"Gilberto is the condom to our defence"?

Don't ask me why I even remember that, but made me crack up then and again more recently when I thought about it.
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As there isn't a spud match thread yet thought I would share that some so called pundit's believe that the Spuds have the best front 4 in Europe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Hello Gwebbers, it's been a minute. Hope you are all doing okay apart from our jekyll and hyde team.

Over a decade ago, who on here made the following comment:

"Gilberto is the condom to our defence"?

Don't ask me why I even remember that, but made me crack up then and again more recently when I thought about it.
    Hola Mate. I left for a while also...but sucked back in more recently.

Can't remember that quote but very apt