User Tag List

Page 1248 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 24874811481198123812461247124812491250125812981348 ... LastLast
Results 12,471 to 12,480 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't be bothered with watching it today

Am still looking forward to the start of the season but I suspect that will last until half time in the first match...

The fact they actually want Xhaka to stay says all you need to know about how Arteta still doesn't get it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Am still looking forward to the start of the season but I suspect that will last until half time in the first match...

The fact they actually want Xhaka to stay says all you need to know about how Arteta still doesn't get it
    In addition, old "glass legs" Partey was taken off injured again 🙄

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post

Don’t think it’s that simple - they were clearly prepared to sanction his sale, and we’ve had money on the table for replacements. It just hasn’t worked out with the one club who were in for him.

Whatever happens with Xhaka, though, it can’t be used an excuse not to invest in CM - Elneny, Torreira, Willock and AMN could all be sold if the issue is raising funds / cutting wages / freeing up space. That’s on top of Guendouzi who’s already gone.

On the plus side, Lokonga’s looking good! Which is really fucking handy because it looks like we’re going to be relying on him from game one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For all the talk of a big squad overhaul this summer it just isn't looking likely. Even ignoring yesterday's result, its hard not to be worried about the coming season!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    For all the talk of a big squad overhaul this summer it just isn't looking likely. Even ignoring yesterday's result, its hard not to be worried about the coming season!
    It could still happen, but any hope of early business and a settled, well-prepared squad are certainly dead now. I can see a lot of deals being done really late because a lot of European clubs really are on their knees, but I'm not gonna lie - I'm starting to get worried looking at our opening fixyures. Arteta can't afford a slow start, but it's looking like that's exactly what he's going to get...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm not to worried Xhaka looks like he's staying so it's like a new signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    It could still happen, but any hope of early business and a settled, well-prepared squad are certainly dead now. I can see a lot of deals being done really late because a lot of European clubs really are on their knees, but I'm not gonna lie - I'm starting to get worried looking at our opening fixyures. Arteta can't afford a slow start, but it's looking like that's exactly what he's going to get...
    I just think its telling the only players we have sold this summer are Mavropanos and Guendouzi, and even that was for relative peanuts. The market is knackered and any hopes of generating a decent income this summer are looking slim. I think we'll see some players leave on loan but presumably that means limited funds for any further signings.
    Last edited by Gooner23; 02-08-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Well I'm not to worried Xhaka looks like he's staying so it's like a new signing
    Xhaka and Elneny to start against Brentford

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice of us to try and give Brentford a welcome 3 points with that midfield combo it's like a goal head start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    we just need to clear out AMN, Xhaka, Nelson and Nketiah, forget the about the transfer money, clubs in Europe are really hard-hit and we don't seem to get that - just get these players out of the squad and off the wage bill