User Tag List

Page 1251 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 25175111511201124112491250125112521253126113011351 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,510 of 13837

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Failing to get rid of the dross and in particular offering Xhaka a new contract shows Arteta and Edu are a couple of fucking clowns

Let's hope the team really tanks and that they're gone by Christmas
    Wouldn’t it be better to hope that we’ve underestimated them and we have a good season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, it does feel like too much to happen in a couple of weeks now.

If it is a max. of 3 then one of them has to be a keeper - I can’t even begin to think about how fucked we are if we lose Leno! Question is who would you prioritise for the other 2 buys?

I think I’d go for the creative midfielder and a RB - I desperately want the striker, but adding another AM / 10 would solve a lot of problems with Laca and Auba, and I think a right-sided Tierney could be transformative for us. Whenever we lost Tierney last year we instantly looked a different, poorer side, but at least we had him available here and there - down the right we had nothing all season.
    I'm fairly confident we will get a keeper, they know Runarsson isn't up to it. If Sheffield don't drop their asking price for Ramsdale (still not sure why we are so keen on him) we'll have to move on to other options. Personally I'd get Johnstone and Onana, combined price less that Ramsdale and that sorts us for when Leno leaves next summer as its rumoured he will.

Agree that the most urgent one is another creative / attacking midfielder, and desperately hoping we don't have all eggs in one basket on this. If we can shift Laca a striker might be possible but not confident on that at all.

I don't see a right back coming in now. We have 4 players who can play there so would realistically need to sell 3 of those..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    I'm fairly confident we will get a keeper, they know Runarsson isn't up to it. If Sheffield don't drop their asking price for Ramsdale (still not sure why we are so keen on him) we'll have to move on to other options. Personally I'd get Johnstone and Onana, combined price less that Ramsdale and that sorts us for when Leno leaves next summer as its rumoured he will.

Agree that the most urgent one is another creative / attacking midfielder, and desperately hoping we don't have all eggs in one basket on this. If we can shift Laca a striker might be possible but not confident on that at all.

I don't see a right back coming in now. We have 4 players who can play there so would realistically need to sell 3 of those..
    To be fair to Ramsdale, he has been voted his club's player of the year for the last 2 years (at 2 different clubs), so we probably don't have much to worry about in terms of ability. Plus he's only 23, which is very young for a keeper, so there's loads of potential for growth there (Emi didn't really start making a name for himself until he was 27/28). It's just the price - for that kind of money you have to be talking about a first choice keeper, and I'm finding it hard to square those sums away with our struggles to sign players in other areas? Maybe money is less of an issue for us this summer than freeing up space?

Sadly, I think you're probably right about the RB - can't see anything happening there unless one or more of the current 4 options move on. I'm desperate to upgrade that area, though - this team will always feel lopsided and in constant need of workaround solutions until we're properly balanced, and our attack will always be fairly easy to predict until we can hit teams left, right or centre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chambers is underrated at RB IMO, he can provide a good attacking option from there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’d be the one I’d keep out of the 4, and I agree he’s a solid option who provides a lot of interesting tactical flexibility. I’m not unhappy with Chambers.

But for me the difference between Tierney and all of our RB options is stark - I don’t think we’ll fully appreciate what we’ve been missing there until the right player comes in and makes it clear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea signed lukaku. Decent player. I think they might finish above us this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100m for a 29 year old player they sold for a fraction.

Great business.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    98 million quid and 450k a week? Football's just a racket. It's all about the money now and absolutely nothing else. You couldn't pay me to watch any of these bastards.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    98 million quid and 450k a week? Football's just a racket. It's all about the money now and absolutely nothing else. You couldn't pay me to watch any of these bastards.
    I’d probably watch if they paid me £450k a week to, tbf.
    Basically correct though. As I noted before, every sodding FB post these days has tags to merchandise now. They couldn’t be making it any clearer that they are just a business now and we are their customers. And we (I mean the local fans) aren’t even the ones they’re primarily marketing to any more. Most of the people who comment on those FB posts are from Asia or Africa.
    I’ll keep an eye on Arsenal this year but am more likely to go to watch a local amateur side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’d probably watch if they paid me £450k a week to, tbf.
    Basically correct though. As I noted before, every sodding FB post these days has tags to merchandise now. They couldn’t be making it any clearer that they are just a business now and we are their customers. And we (I mean the local fans) aren’t even the ones they’re primarily marketing to any more. Most of the people who comment on those FB posts are from Asia or Africa.
    I’ll keep an eye on Arsenal this year but am more likely to go to watch a local amateur side.
    Genuinely thought about cancelling my ST but will see how it goes, lockdown's changed my attitude to some things, so this could be the last season though, agree with the non-league football idea