User Tag List

Page 1253 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 25375311531203124312511252125312541255126313031353 ... LastLast
Results 12,521 to 12,530 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'm afraid we have to hope it gets worse so Arteta gets sacked in time to stave off relegation

At least Norwich are certs to go down so that's one place taken...
    In the meantime can we please add some Arsenal men to the board! Otherwise we’re going to be relying on the same people who hired him to find his replacement…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or Arsenal women...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka has signed his new contract until 2025.

Arsenal really are the gift that keep on giving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2024 with the option of an extra year. It's basically only an extra year on top of what he already has.

I know what you mean - it feels really counter-intuitive if we're hoping to sell - the only logic I see in it is if we're trying to avoid rolling into next summer with him down to his final year? If that happens then I guarantee we're not shifting him until his deal expires in 2023 - the player and any potential buyers will just hold out for the free transfer.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 17-08-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should've got rid of him to Roma , i can't believe someone wanted to give us actual real money for the c**t and we said no

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the only issue is that we need to free up space in the squad before we can bring in more non-HG players, then absolutely!

If we need the sale-money to fund his replacement, then Roma's offer of 10m euros is pretty much worthless to us - I don't particularly want another season of Xhaka-ball, but I'd rather have him than yet another hole in the squad.

Can't help but feel that KSE could have made this a very easy decision for us if they wanted to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    We should've got rid of him to Roma , i can't believe someone wanted to give us actual real money for the c**t and we said no
    Well, what’s worse is that he clearly spent all summer trying to move, it didn’t quite happen for him so we gave him a new contract and made him captain on Friday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edu and Arteta need to be investigated over their transfer business. All comes across as very dodgy
    'WHEN HE HAS A PLAN, WE BACK HIM, WHEN HE DOESN'T......WE KEEP QUIET'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, what’s worse is that he clearly spent all summer trying to move, it didn’t quite happen for him so we gave him a new contract and made him captain on Friday
    As said above, whilst most would happily see him depart for free next summer, we can’t beat the club up for trying to ensure we get some money from a sale by having him under contract.

That we’re sorting contracts (see ESR, Saka and Balogun) rather than letting players piss off with no return is a good change.

Unfortunately Xhaka is everything MOR about this club.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yeah, giving him the armband felt like a slap in the face to the fans and missed opportunity to really give this new project a figurehead / poster boy like Tierney.

In a practical sense I guess it makes no real difference - all the while he’s still here, Xhaka will continue to be the de facto captain of the side in the eyes of the other players, so giving the armband to someone else would be little more than PR. I still think the symbolism of it would have been important though - a nod towards what we’re trying to become, even if we’re not there yet. “This guy here is the blueprint for what we’re aiming for now, not the old guy…”
    Last edited by I am invisible; 18-08-2021 at 06:37 AM.