User Tag List

Page 1254 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 25475411541204124412521253125412551256126413041354 ... LastLast
Results 12,531 to 12,540 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, giving him the armband felt like a slap in the face to the fans and missed opportunity to really give this new project a figurehead / poster boy like Tierney.

In a practical sense I guess it makes no real difference - all the while he’s still here, Xhaka will continue to be the de facto captain of the side in the eyes of the other players, so giving the armband to someone else would be little more than PR. I still think the symbolism of it would have been important though - a nod towards what we’re trying to become, even if we’re not there yet. “This guy here is the blueprint for what we’re aiming for now, not the old guy…”
    Totally agree, it just shows how Arteta doesn't get it at all, f*****g useless manager

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Totally agree, it just shows how Arteta doesn't get it at all, f*****g useless manager
    It definitely shows his inexperience.

Same as his incredibly naive “we have to be ruthless” speech at the start of the window - sounded great, and kept the fans happy for 5 seconds, but a wiser manager (or a more experienced Technical Director to advise him) would have looked at the market first, thought “Hmmm, this is going to be a tough window” and kept their thoughts private. But instead we’re rolling into the start of the season with half a squad full of players who now know in no uncertain terms that they’re neither needed nor wanted and, surprise, they’re all mailing it in and couldn’t give less of a F!

He’s either an idiot or a genius because there’s going to have to be an absolute fire sale of problem players in the final week now, otherwise we’re in for another season of in-fighting, sabotage and assassination attempts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Got an email from the Club telling me I can still buy tickets.

I’m not even a member any longer and I can get tickets for our home opener. Against fucking Chelsea.

Christ, I remember the days when even with Silver membership, it was dicey getting tickets mid winter.

Mind you, this isn’t a big fixture anymore.

I’m in Greece, hence the time. But this is a screenshot from a minute ago.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess this is a good sign? As in, it could hit them in the pocket which is all they really care about.
    But I suspect with all the corporate boxes and the worldwide fanbase it's not going to make enough difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know, i think it was falling attendences that did for Wenger wasn't it, possibly Emery too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know, i think it was falling attendences that did for Wenger wasn't it, possibly Emery too
    Maybe. They probably don’t care about the plebs (no offence) but I guess if we become such so unappealing that the sponsors and corporates lose interest then that’s going to have an effect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That certainly reflects the complete apathy around the club at the moment. It’s so bad that not even beating Chelsea will make much of a difference to the psyche of most fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was, but it had nothing to do with the Kroenkes stepping in - that was purely down to Wenger walking away because having the backing of the fans actually meant something to him.

Let’s face it, success and failure for the Kroenkes is measured purely by the value of their shares, and they’ll only be sparked into action if those shares start to tank. Keep in mind that we’re talking about owners who bought their hometown NFL franchise and then moved it to another city! I guarantee they couldn’t care less if our fans are upset. Daniel Eck has just offered them over £2bn for the club, double what they paid for it - things are pretty rosey in Stan and Josh’s world right now.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 19-08-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hr didn't walk away, he was more or less sacked, he said so himself it wasn't his decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hr didn't walk away, he was more or less sacked, he said so himself it wasn't his decision
    Really? That’s sad - thought it was at least mutual consent. I bet that was more of a Gazidis power-grab than a KSE intervention - our owners usually just go along with whatever.

If this protest does go ahead then I think we need to have a more achievable list of demands than just “Kroenke out!” - we know that’s not going to work. I’d be targeting the board and the CEO - things that KSE might be willing to meet us half way on.

Seriously, what does Vinnai even do? The guy’s a fucking ghost! He stuck his head above the parapet to apologise for trying to sell out the whole football and that’s about all we’ve seen of him for the last year. This is the man who’s meant to be running the club and keeping Edu and Arteta on their toes! Appoint a proper board to oversee the CEO and then appoint a proper CEO - do that and the Manager and Technical Director will come out in the wash if they’re shit.