User Tag List

Page 1279 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 27977911791229126912771278127912801281128913291379 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,790 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is who we currently have out…

Partey, Auba, Pepe and Elneny (AFCON), Ødegaard (COVID), ESR, Tomi, Saka, Cedric, Chambers (Injured), Xhaka (Suspended), AMN, Balogun (Loan)
    = 13

And this is who we have available from the registered / senior squad…

Ramsdale, Leno, Tierney, Nuno, White, Gabriel, Holding, Mari, Kola, Sambi, Martinelli, Laca, Eddie

= 11 outfield players + 2 keepers

Have I missed anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Patino counts as he's made a first team appearance this season. Likewise Azeez as he's played for Portsmouth. Assuming that's why the other youngsters didn't get a token cameo the other night as they would then qualify as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rules are bollox but that's not Arsenal's fault, and we should be treated fairly. However I'd imagine Sky are piling the pressure on the league to ensure the game goes ahead tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    The rules are bollox but that's not Arsenal's fault, and we should be treated fairly. However I'd imagine Sky are piling the pressure on the league to ensure the game goes ahead tomorrow.
    Yep. Sky will pull the strings here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Patino counts as he's made a first team appearance this season. Likewise Azeez as he's played for Portsmouth. Assuming that's why the other youngsters didn't get a token cameo the other night as they would then qualify as well.
    Nah, if our intention was to ensure that those kids couldn’t qualify for selection [for any postponement hearing] then we could have just left them at home and named a 4-man bench to make a point - the fact that we brought them with us and named them on the bench, imo, shows that we’ve genuinely made every attempt to fulfil our fixtures up until this point.

You might be right about Patino and Azeez - I haven’t checked the rules in that much detail - but, practically speaking, I don’t see how they can be looking at anything other than players who have been officially registered as first team squad members for the season? If they’re also looking at youth players who could potentially be called up and loanees that could be recalled then no club would ever have a case that they could make?

(Fwiw, I think all clubs should have been forced to turn to their academies and fulfil their fixtures, but there you go - the authorities opted for postponements instead and now they’re stuck with this current rule until the end of the season. If they change it now, after giving loads of teams an advantage, then the credibility of the competition is in tatters).
    Last edited by I am invisible; 15-01-2022 at 02:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I’ve said we have a strong case based on their own rules and precedents, but I fully expect those rules not to apply to us for no reason whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Nah, if our intention was to ensure that those kids couldn’t qualify for selection [for any postponement hearing] then we could have just left them at home and named a 4-man bench to make a point - the fact that we brought them with us and named them on the bench, imo, shows that we’ve genuinely made every attempt to fulfil our fixtures up until this point.

You might be right about Patino and Azeez - I haven’t checked the rules in that much detail - but, practically speaking, I don’t see how they can be looking at anything other than players who have been officially registered as first team squad members for the season? If they’re also looking at youth players who could potentially be called up and loanees that could be recalled then no club would ever have a case that they could make?

(Fwiw, I think all clubs should have been forced to turn to their academies and fulfil their fixtures, but there you go - the authorities opted for postponements instead and now they’re stuck with this current rule until the end of the season. If they change it now, after giving loads of teams an advantage, then the credibility of the competition is in tatters).
    Think I read somewhere that anyone that's made an appearance this season counts as first team for the league rules. And Azeez has just been recalled from his loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it has been postponed though, genuinely quite shocked.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a message from Sky Sports saying the Premier League has agreed to postpone the NLD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neville will be pissed off he was very concerned about fans having made travel arragenements but then again who buy's a travelcard days before a match?