User Tag List

Page 1284 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 2847841184123412741282128312841285128612941334 ... LastLast
Results 12,831 to 12,840 of 13792

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    https://shewore.com/2022/01/27/tv-ga...-year-same-bs/

This is another reason that I am going off our beloved game.

What happend to Saturday afternoon 3.00 kick offs? That is why the game was invented!

The article mentions that by the end of March, out of 26 games, only 4 would have been played at 3.00pm on Saturday.

Don't know if you are ancient enough to remember the Shoot magazine and the league tables you'd get in the mag at the start of every season. Basically a bit of cardboard with 90 odd slots and 90 odd coloured tabs, one for each team. And you'd move the little tabs up and down according to the 40 odd matches that were all played on Saturday and finished off on Ceefax with it's 7 pages of results and the several minute wait for the roll back to page 1 of 7. 0-1 down, 90 minutes up, but it doesn't say FT yet so there is still hope. There was more anticipation and intensity in those moments than anything I've seen on a pitch in the last decade.

This is what happens when you steal football from eager kids and hand it over to soulless corporations. We'd go out and kick the ball around the street, the match would be temporarily halted if a car had to go past. The driver would tap the horn, not because he was pissed and late for his Yoga combat class but just to say he was there. Might stick his head out the window and ask who was winning. Now the "fun" occurs on XBox with another soulless corporation boasting about how their 2D world is almost like the real thing.

Well we already had the real thing. What we have now is an inferior, ultra-expensive, heartless and mundane knock-off with almost no similarity to the original. Not a football in sight on the streets, because you might hit somebody's expensive car or Mr Health and Safety would get you. You have to wonder how long it can last when there's so little investment at ground level. It's not progress, it's loss replaced by something difference. And it shows each time one of these pampered teams rolls onto the pitch at some weird time that suits the gamblers and fucks the fans.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Don't know if you are ancient enough to remember the Shoot magazine and the league tables you'd get in the mag at the start of every season. Basically a bit of cardboard with 90 odd slots and 90 odd coloured tabs, one for each team. And you'd move the little tabs up and down according to the 40 odd matches that were all played on Saturday and finished off on Ceefax with it's 7 pages of results and the several minute wait for the roll back to page 1 of 7. 0-1 down, 90 minutes up, but it doesn't say FT yet so there is still hope. There was more anticipation and intensity in those moments than anything I've seen on a pitch in the last decade.

This is what happens when you steal football from eager kids and hand it over to soulless corporations. We'd go out and kick the ball around the street, the match would be temporarily halted if a car had to go past. The driver would tap the horn, not because he was pissed and late for his Yoga combat class but just to say he was there. Might stick his head out the window and ask who was winning. Now the "fun" occurs on XBox with another soulless corporation boasting about how their 2D world is almost like the real thing.

Well we already had the real thing. What we have now is an inferior, ultra-expensive, heartless and mundane knock-off with almost no similarity to the original. Not a football in sight on the streets, because you might hit somebody's expensive car or Mr Health and Safety would get you. You have to wonder how long it can last when there's so little investment at ground level. It's not progress, it's loss replaced by something difference. And it shows each time one of these pampered teams rolls onto the pitch at some weird time that suits the gamblers and fucks the fans.
    Oh yes! My Dad used to get us the Shoot magazine with the "League Ladders" from around 1975 onwards
    And yes, page 303 on the Ceefex!
    I watch quite a lot of "The Big Match Revisited" on YouTube. Those were the days when Players were real men and the Supporters were ordinary working people (£.70p to get into the School Boys Enclosure or £1.20 for the North Bank).

I occasionally go to watch Southend United to get a taste of the old nostalgia, which thankfully is still around the Lower Leagues.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it old in here or is it me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I occasionally go to watch Southend United to get a taste of the old nostalgia, which thankfully is still around the Lower Leagues.
    Some of the above is you just being old bastards who think everything was better back then (although some things definitely were).
    I go to Enfield Town sometimes, that's good fun. It does feel more like football used to feel back when I first started going to games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Is it old in here or is it me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used to go to the old Dulwich Hamlet (now a Sainsbury's) if you got in after around 30 mins in your were let in for free (well us kids were anyway)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Used to go to the old Dulwich Hamlet (now a Sainsbury's) if you got in after around 30 mins in your were let in for free (well us kids were anyway)
    To be fair, Sainsbury's let you in for free too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's Dog Kennel Hill it's expected

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Kronke's lot won a superb owl, or something.
    Not sure if this is good for us or bad or irrelevant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    So Kronke's lot won a superb owl, or something.
    Not sure if this is good for us or bad or irrelevant?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Superbowl/
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting