User Tag List

Page 1300 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 3008001200125012901298129913001301130213101350 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,000 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GW's resident psychiatrist strikes again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    GW's resident psychiatrist strikes again!
    Ah most psychiatrists are just glorified pharmacists

On a serious note, I discovered very few people who are addicts successfully give up alcohol/drugs at the first attempt. So if TA is telling the truth that he’s not had a drink since 1996 he’s done well.
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 11-10-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's obviously been in some dark places. Seems to be doing better now, I think he's doing Strictly for a laugh, from the above he doesn't seem to be taking it or himself too seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a qualified counsellor by the way, but as a disclaimer this absolutely gives me no power to diagnose anyone. So when I pass opinion on people it’s done completely non professionally. Any basis for saying Mikel Arteta is on the spectrum would be purely speculative based on how he presents, but equally people can present in a certain way but not be that thing.

He is definitely an introvert, and I say that as someone who is an introvert himself. And yes avoiding eye contact and defensive, protective body language postures are part of that.

And you say compare him to Juergen Klopp who seems a far more gregarious people person and you look again at Arteta’s quixotic team talks and you do think is this guy that great at building Bon homie and will he be able to pick up these players if they experience disappointment (and the empirical evidence of clusters of defeats in the past makes you question that)

Now as for any other suppositions, this is a place of spite and hyperbole….it’s the only reason I come here. On one hand, I think it’s nice to lay the law down to overpaid, recalcitrant players but I also think apart from a total lack of ability as a footballer/coach why I couldn’t manage a team of players.

Arteta gives me the impression of being a my way of the high way type of guy which then feeds into that which Auba spoke about being unable to deal with big personalities

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mikel Arteta on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's comments:

“A strong character is someone who challenges me tactically, challenges himself physically and challenges others mentally and we have plenty of those. Someone who wants extra days off to get a tattoo on his bum is not a strong character.”

I hope that’s real!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.skysports.com/football/l.../report/478281

Holy crapola!

Shades of the San Siro.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/football/l.../report/478281

Holy crapola!

Shades of the San Siro.
    "It marks the first time the eight-time European champions have conceded five goals since May 2005"

Arteta out
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard Arteta saying that top players should be able to play 70 games a season and make an impact in them and no fitness coach in the world will tell him otherwise. Playing every 3 days should be an expectation.

Probably the greatest statement he's ever made.

I fuckin deplore this notion of resting players cos they can't play twice a week. It's such utter bullshit. Sure, there are some exceptions to this and players, at certain times, will need to be managed for various reasons but, generally, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever a professional athlete can't be playing two games of fitba every week with zero impact to performance.

Common sense prevails. Amazing it came from Arteta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think certain key players need to be managed appropriately especially when you’ve got a thin squad, when there’s a fixture of little importance or a game is already won sometimes there’s no point in them being on the pitch incase of an unnecessary yellow card, injury etc, but otherwise yeah I don’t feel like elite athletes need to be rested for the sake of it.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 21-10-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I think certain key players need to be managed appropriately especially when you’ve got a thin squad, when there’s a fixture of little importance or a game is already won sometimes there’s no point in them being on the pitch incase of an unnecessary yellow card, injury etc, but otherwise yeah I don’t feel like elite athletes need to be rested for the sake of it.
    injuries/cards are my main worry too, although I do think there's some truth in players getting tired, not just through playing games, but travelling, keeping mentally focused etc, especially if they're an international - if you think about how long a season lasts, i know there's now mid-season break but for a big team with loads of cup games etc I do think a squad needs careful managing