User Tag List

Page 1347 of 1380 FirstFirst ... 347847124712971337134513461347134813491357 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,470 of 13800

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Really? That's your "gotcha"? That you didn't exactly use that word. Behave yourself. The thought that he's over-rated is a reasonable one. But your ridiculous nonsense about how ineffective he is, is ludicrous.

You wanna compare his and Saka's stats for last season?
    My comments are largely based on his performances. If he consistently plays shite then I'll consistently say he was shite, so you should be able to easily find plenty of such comments, as per his performances. I do believe there's a player in there somewhere, so no, I've not said he's a duffer but he has been shite.

As for Richarlison, to what end? Stats are for idiots who don't watch games. Richarlison has been woeful for Spurs, thankfully. But Bergkamp was shite for Inter. Do you know how fitba works?

I'd suggest not as you look like you have the athletic ability of a potato and, no doubt, kick a ball like one.

I could do this all day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jan:

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...84#post4567984

Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    Trossard is currently at a higher level and will have more of what both Martinelli and Saka lack, consistency. He's simply better than they are.

Then in May:

http://www.goonersweb.co.uk/forum/sh...09#post4573709

Saka's standard hasn't dropped at all. He's been consistent all season. Eyes are simply, eventually, beginning to open.

I'm absolutely convinced he has leverage on Arteta.

Dear me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My comments are largely based on his performances.
    Well, your assessment of them but you've shown yourself incapable of objectivity. Your assessment of his performances isn't shared by
    The fans - BuT tHeY dOnT kNoW wHaT tHeYrE tAlKiNg AbOuT
    The press - BuT tHeY dEiFy HiM bEcAuSe ReAsOnS
    The manager - BuT sAkA oBvIoUsLy HaS sOmE hOlD oVeR hIm
    His fellow professionals - BuT tHeY dEiFy HiM tOo BeCaUsE rEaSoNs.

You'll do anything to dismiss everyone else's opinions rather than considering your own may be wrong. Even if we can agree that PFA player of the year is a stretch, he definitely deserved a nomination and I reckon his place in the team of the year is justified. And you go around posting shite like the stuff I quoted above.

As for Richarlison, you were creaming yourself after he scores two goals in an early European game for them last season. Stats are not the be all and end all, neither are they irrelevant. He's been shite. It's possible he'd have been better for us, but it's not a given. Your claim about being the one who knows about football around here is somewhat undermined by all this nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, your assessment of them but you've shown yourself incapable of objectivity. Your assessment of his performances isn't shared by
    The fans - BuT tHeY dOnT kNoW wHaT tHeYrE tAlKiNg AbOuT
    The press - BuT tHeY dEiFy HiM bEcAuSe ReAsOnS
    The manager - BuT sAkA oBvIoUsLy HaS sOmE hOlD oVeR hIm
    His fellow professionals - BuT tHeY dEiFy HiM tOo BeCaUsE rEaSoNs.

You'll do anything to dismiss everyone else's opinions rather than considering your own may be wrong. Even if we can agree that PFA player of the year is a stretch, he definitely deserved a nomination and I reckon his place in the team of the year is justified. And you go around posting shite like the stuff I quoted above.

As for Richarlison, you were creaming yourself after he scores two goals in an early European game for them last season. Stats are not the be all and end all, neither are they irrelevant. He's been shite. It's possible he'd have been better for us, but it's not a given. Your claim about being the one who knows about football around here is somewhat undermined by all this nonsense.
    Well, aye, clearly I'll dismiss whoever is wrong. What's the issue with that �� it's basically all from the same source anyway, so multiple examples are a bit pointless.

As for Richarlison, those specific goals were perfect demonstrations of attributes Saka has simply never demonstrated. That still stands true so, again, I'm missing your point.

You're struggling here but you don't watch games, so no surprise. You're like the fat woman in the office telling people they shouldn't eat carbs after 6.

Just stop.
    Last edited by mandela8; 30-08-2023 at 04:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *sigh*

Never being consistently good and being consistently shite are, largely, the same point.

Saka has never been consistently good. Saka has been consistently shite. Those two statements are both true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, aye, clearly I'll dismiss whoever is wrong. What's the issue with that
    The issue is that when your opinion is contrary to basically everyone you have to keep finding ever more ridiculous excuses why you're the one that's right and they're all wrong.
    Cognitive dissonance or trolling, you tell me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saka has never been consistently good. Saka has been consistently shite.
    https://www.thepfa.com/news/2023/8/2...-the-year-2023

But it's only voted for by his fellow professionals, what do they know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue is that when your opinion is contrary to basically everyone you have to keep finding ever more ridiculous excuses why you're the one that's right and they're all wrong.
    Cognitive dissonance or trolling, you tell me
    Well, that's largely fine by me, man. I mean, look at this place. Before I came back no one dared criticize him. That's beginning to change, slowly. When/if, the media start reporting on him objectively you'll see the same change. People are very supple creatures who'll generally follow whatever narrative they're fed. That's all we're seeing here. Nothing complicated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, that's largely fine by me, man. I mean, look at this place. Before I came back no one dared criticize him. That's beginning to change, slowly. When/if, the media start reporting on him objectively you'll see the same change. People are very supple creatures who'll generally follow whatever narrative they're fed. That's all we're seeing here. Nothing complicated.
    I realise arguing with you about this is the definition of pointless, but...

Saka isn't 'shite'.

He is very good at beating players and creating scoring opportunities for himself and other players

In terms of goals and assists, these are our top four players from last sseason (PL only):

Bukayo Saka 14+11
    Martin Odegaard 15+7
    Gabriel Martinelli 15+5
    Gabriel Jesus 11+6

Is he perfect? no - Saka's faults are that he can drift out of games and also, as on Saturday, miss the odd easy chance - but even Haaland missed a pel at the weekend so Saka's hardly alone in that ...

He also occasionally takes too many touches in the area instead of passing more quickly

He can perhaps appear a bit one-dimensional in his play but is that him or the system, and tbh given I'm wishing we'd make more (or any) use of players like Tierney and Gabriel, I'm not going to complain about someone simply being good in his one favoured position.

you just can't dismiss those figures