User Tag List

Page 1356 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 356856125613061346135413551356135713581366 ... LastLast
Results 13,551 to 13,560 of 13837

Thread: Random Arsenal Shit (When it's not worth starting a thread)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Their fans are alright
    Well, i know some Spuds fans who, yes, are ok but I think their worst fans are pretty nasty - you hear some stories about some very intimidating behaviour when we go there

Also they have such a jumped-up opinion of themselves, through no more than a few cup wins and a fawning media insisting on calling them a 'big club' even though they never win anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It only took me a nanosecond to answer that question, absolutely no contest in terms of what's more important betweeen us winning a second-tier cup and Spuds winning the CL
    I want my second tier cup and them to lose the final, fuck hypothetical choices.

I certainly don’t accept our 4-1 loss to Chelsea as the universe balancing things out prior to them lot losing

However an interesting one I put to you, would you be ok with those lot winning the fa cup (if they beat us in the semis like in 1991) if we won the league ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t say too much about personal experiences about Spurs fans on match days, as I’ve only ever been to the one North London Derby (1-1 draw where we dominated and they fouled us all over the pitch…Pochettino’s first NLD so back in 2014) and the nearest I was to any Spurs fan was opposite sides of the platform at Highbury and Islington station.

Most football fans are utterly deluded to one extent or another, you only have to see our Heaven’s gate cult members on Twitter to see that.

Addendum: I found the match reaction to that game on here (27th September 2014) and it shows that as I edge nearer 40….my memory is still working as I bitch and moan about the fouling in the game then
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 18-09-2023 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCZ_Reborn View Post
    I want my second tier cup and them to lose the final, fuck hypothetical choices.

I certainly don’t accept our 4-1 loss to Chelsea as the universe balancing things out prior to them lot losing

However an interesting one I put to you, would you be ok with those lot winning the fa cup (if they beat us in the semis like in 1991) if we won the league ?
    No I wouldn't - the CL case was about being prepared to not win something in order that they didn't win a bigger prize

I never want them to win anything ever and while I'd love us to win the league again I believe we can and should win the league without wanting them to win something also

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deal!

Because the league > the FA Cup. By a fairly significant degree.

But the CL is as good as it gets in club football, I don't think I'd trade Spurs winning that for anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    No I wouldn't - the CL case was about being prepared to not win something in order that they didn't win a bigger prize

I never want them to win anything ever and while I'd love us to win the league again I believe we can and should win the league without wanting them to win something also

Fair enough it is a pure hypothetical. The 1990/91 season is really the first Arsenal season I remember, I remember getting upset when they beat us in the 3-1 semi final but looking back, the annoyance of them beating us and winning the fa cup was overshadowed by us winning the league.

That’s ultimately where I am, I don’t give a fuck if they win certain trophies as long as we are winning bigger ones (like for example wouldn’t have given two shits about them winning the league cup if we’d gone on to win the league in 2008, in fact it might have been nice to be super patronising to them )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t say too much about personal experiences about Spurs fans on match days, as I’ve only ever been to the one North London Derby (1-1 draw where we dominated and they fouled us all over the pitch…Pochettino’s first NLD so back in 2014) and the nearest I was to any Spurs fan was opposite sides of the platform at Highbury and Islington station.

Most football fans are utterly deluded to one extent or another, you only have to see our Heaven’s gate cult members on Twitter to see that.
    I remember one of the semi-finals, the one we won 2-1 having gone 1-0 down against the run of play. I think that was the season we lost to Liverpool in the final. It was when we were going through that "absolutely spanking teams but not actually scoring many goals" phase. Anyway, I remember on the way back to the car I got chatting to some Spurs fans who said how good we were and they were well beaten. I generally find them a lot more pleasant to deal with that the Chelsea knuckle-draggers. They obviously have their idiots but so do we.

It was a NLD before which Rocky's passing was announced, I'll never forget the way they respected the minute's silence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough it is a pure hypothetical. The 1990/91 season is really the first Arsenal season I remember
    That semi-final is the first really big game I went to.
    Miserable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On that note a few months ago I did the sad thing of watching the highlights of every game from that season (almost 500 given it was a 42 game season) that took me about a week watching about an hour at a time. I tell you what, if someone told you United were going to be champions two years later you’d have laughed in their faces…absolutely shit….actually if anything City were a better side then.
    Shows you how things change quickly.

We often struggled for goals in that season, Alan Smith was off the boil and I’m pretty sure Anders Limpar was our top scorer, but our defence was pretty much impregnable. There were a few games like with this season where we leaked too many silly goals at home but on the whole massive amounts of clean sheets and only one defeat all season
    Last edited by HCZ_Reborn; 18-09-2023 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I generally find them a lot more pleasant to deal with that the Chelsea knuckle-draggers. They obviously have their idiots but so do we.
    fair point re Chelsea fans, but on the second bit I've quoted there, i'll say again i don't think we have fans that are a bad as Spuds' worst ones are